revolt trouble

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james tomlin

I have a revolt 30 that will run across the lake and stop set their for 5or 6 seconds and take off. it may or may not do it again in 5 lap race , I have checked every i can think of PLEASE HELP

I have a revolt 30 that will run across the lake and stop set their for 5or 6 seconds and take off. it may or may not do it again in 5 lap race , I have checked every i can think of PLEASE HELP
Sounds like maybe the cap is gone. Any brown liquid or any bulging on the end of the cap then cut it off and add a couple new ones.

My UL-1 did that when I blew a cap but I added a couple new ones and it was fine.

The big capacitor that sticks out of the end of the esc. But if it's still making a 5 lap race maybe check for a bad solder joint on the motor wires as well.

Ebay is your best friend. If you need to take one off, take a look at the part number. Otherwise try Digikey. They sell all kinds of electronic components at low cost and they will sell you one-off's too. Another option might be to use an aftermarket cap bank such as this.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=ESC+Accessories+%26+More

Check out the cap at the top. I am not sure if this is the same capacitance as the Aquacraft one, or else, I would recommend the cap back near the bottom, Item etti-e035-lv which is good for 7S. I am not sure how big it is though.

Good luck,
Curtis

I'm replacing some caps today on a Turnigy 120 esc from a friends Revolt that blew the caps yesterday so thought I would share some pics.

I gave him a CNC prop to try that was a little too much and took out the caps, the boat would run normaly for 5 - 10 seconds and drop to half speed.

I already had the extra caps on my esc when I tried the prop and it was fine.

After taking off the shrink wrap you can barely see a slight bulge and a little hint of a brown stain.

IMG_0574_zps02678e56.jpg

I clipped of the cap leads at the circuit board.

IMG_0575_zpsaf9723b9.jpg

These are the caps I have on hand, they are from Offshore Electrics.

IMG_0576_zpsef27a57b.jpg

The caps have + and - leads that will be soldered to the battery leads close to the circuit board. Then some liquid electrical tape and new shrink wrap and it should be good.

IMG_0578_zps0cddadbc.jpg

The Aquacraft esc will be the same but you're only removing the one big cap.

Hope this helps.

What radio are you using. I spent a whole season trying to sort out issues that appeared by all acount to be esc issues.(2 hobbywing t180,s) The symtems were similar to that. It turned out not to be the esc,s at all but a radio issue.

Back