Results of sport 40 strut proposal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since the majority has ruled, so be it, but I have an interesting question to ask. When you physically see an inboard hydro with the propellor located four (4) feet behind the boat please, please send me a photo of it.......that's basically what this is REALLY all about moving the prop aft....let's see on a Sport 40 that has the prop 4 inches behind the boat that should equate to about four feet on some of the full scale inboard hydros? We actually had a guy, I believe, from Texas try to get a rule change that would have allowed 90 engines in the 60 Scale Hydro class....would that have enhanced the class? If some of you like to change rules, why not get IMPBA and NAMBA on the same page so we can run (legally) in both organizations? All of us would benefit from that, and so would the entire sport as a whole. JD I can understand some of the guys that are relatively new to boat racing doing/saying as they do, but with all the experience that you have the term Specialty Class should have meant more to you than it apparently does, I'm surprised at your remarks. No hard feelings, I respect your opinion also.

I dont know Arthur.. I see it your way too.. But.. the IMPBA voted and the choices we make now depend on what we feel are best for us.

Not sure how long I will race Sport 40.. maybe until the next time somebody gets there panties in a wad because they got beat, aren’t willing to take the time to learn to build and setup and want an advantage. thats all this was.. It will happen again…

But.. the vote went down and Its how this deal works. I respect it and will make my choices based on it..

Lets race!

Grimracer

Grim.... I totally agree with every word you just said. The sad part is that every where you go in life today people are trying to "re-invent" the wheel I just received an e-mail that had to do with this thread that was on the border-line of being a threat. I don't threaten, curse, or argue about things on here, life is too short for that! The person who sent it apparently didn't have the backbone to put it on here, so he sent it by E-mail instead. I think we have had civilized discussions WITHOUT any nastiness, I prefer it that way. Good day to all of you, happy boating, and keep the names and numbers facing UP..........

The sad part of this issue is most guys racing sport 40 voted against it. More who dont run the class voted for it. There are so many classes without limits except engine,this one has became one of them. I doubt the class will die but its a game changer.

I enjoyed the Kohlmeyer Classic last year because it had the best numbers for Sport 40 and 1/8th nitro Scale I had seen in years, and they actually turned out and raced - What a concept.

I look forward to the race again this year and I don't really care if the struts are under the hull or strapped to the transom or anywhere else. I hope to see and race each configuration. Let's stop beating this "Dead Horse" and race. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said guys. It was my favorite class and not anymore. I don't think I will run it this year even though I got my new hull. Mikey, you are right, THE MOST VOCAL FOR THE CHANGE DO NOT RUN THE CLASS. I know cause I'm in D1 and they were most vocal. Even the director of D1 does not run it. Enjoy the arguments that you have surely started to stir up. My vote went down and I am walking away from what I thought was the best class out there. It was a HIGH class "class" and now it is a VERY LOW CLASS. ENJOY. Now my hate mail will start, just like it did before the vote!!!!!!!

Well said guys. It was my favorite class and not anymore. I don't think I will run it this year even though I got my new hull. Mikey, you are right, THE MOST VOCAL FOR THE CHANGE DO NOT RUN THE CLASS. I know cause I'm in D1 and they were most vocal. Even the director of D1 does not run it. Enjoy the arguments that you have surely started to stir up. My vote went down and I am walking away from what I thought was the best class out there. It was a HIGH class "class" and now it is a VERY LOW CLASS. ENJOY. Now my hate mail will start, just like it did before the vote!!!!!!!

I am hoping to have my sport 40 ready for this season coming, maybe everyone needs to stop bitching and start racing .

Sport 40 and 1/8 scale are coming back big time in D1 this year and I can't wait .

More racing less complaining for 2014.

The sad part of this issue is most guys racing sport 40 voted against it. More who dont run the class voted for it. There are so many classes without limits except engine,this one has became one of them. I doubt the class will die but its a game changer.
Right you are.

Arthur

In one of your posts you said why don't Namba and Impba get together on the rules so you can race in both groups. That's what just happened. Why are you so upset

Jim Namba has always had the rule strut be under the boat, putting the strut on the transom makes the boat longer , i myself have a sport40 that has taken first place overall now with these rule changes i am thinking of not running

Tom

not sure what your problem is with Luc, he has done more for D1 in the past few years than anyone has in the last twenty five.

He has brought the district out of almost complete ruins to one of the biggest and healthiest in ALL of IMPBA .

There will be more sport forty's and scale boats in D1this season than there ever has been in the twenty plus years I have been racing , so again not sure why you are so upset that you don't want to race the class .

Tim

Robert

Sorry, I guess I don't know what an outdrive assembly is. I am however positive that if I had a first place boat, I would keep racing it until I found out it wasn't a first place boat

Man, you guys sure do know how to *****.... This hobby is about racing and having FUN! Can't wait for this season to begin!!!

Are we STILL bitching about this? Really!?!?

I love the childish attitudes of "I'm taking my ball and going home". Lol

Less talk and more racing gentlemen.
default_smile.png

If the voting went the other way everyone else would be bitching too, don't get it twisted.

Say Mikey just brought up a good point...I belonged to APBA for many years, ran Stock, Modified, and Pro outboard for quite a few years and also served in various APBA capacities, Club Secretary for five years, etc. If I do recall correctly, ONLY the drivers of each ,class were allowed to vote on class specific rules, such as boat weight, size, etc. Everyone voted on APBA safety rules, general racing rules, etc.,.....IMHO only the guys running the specialty classes should be able to vote on class specific rules........People who run strictly "riggers" are voting on 60 Scale Rules...One can see how that could cause problems? A classic example is that in a 60 Scale final (IMPBA) that we were running in Broward County, Rick Bellinger cut a buoy after crossing the finish line, and not knowing the Scale rules, the officials made an incorrect call, moving me from second to first place. I attempted to resolve the issue right then, but, believe it or not, I could not find anyone with a rule book at that race. I went home, got out my rule book, called the race officials, and Mr. Bellinger got the first place that he deserved. I, personally do not want to win anything by default, and doing the "right thing" is a real blessing for the sport......Interesting story eh?

Arthur. It's tough enough getting members in IMPBA to vote and now you want those that do to only vote on classes they run? This is IMPBA, NOT APBA.

Samuel. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Voting is done. Get on with it gentleman.

What a bunch of frikkin' drama queens. This reminds me when the IMPBA did away with the LS/XLS gas classes. OMG you'd have thought the world was coming to an end, all we heard from those against it was how gas racing would be dominated by mega dollar custom billet motors. Well guess what? The same guys who came prepared with good running boats and drove good races who were winning before the rule change were winning afterwards, this will be NO DIFFERENT. Enough already, time to focus on the upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back