RESULTS Huntsville November 27-29

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
New records that have been applied for at Huntsville’s NEW race site.

Jeff Maturo has 3 records

Q Cat 1/3 mile oval 30.112 seconds & 39.851 mph

Q Cat ¼ mile oval 26.949 seconds & 33.396 mph

S Cat 1/3 mile oval 26.391 seconds & 45.470 mph

Adam Grim has 3 records

LSG Scale 1/3 mile oval 25.722 & 45.652 mph

LSG Scale SAW 3.221 seconds & 69.077 mph

Jay Halbrehder got the B Otbd Hydro ¼ mile oval down to 23.284 seconds & 38.53 mph

Stu Barr got the LSG 27 Hydro 1/3 mile oval down to 19.670 seconds & 60.994 mph

This was an exceptional turnout and these records were hard to come by with so many racers.

Everyone did really good and thank you all for coming.

IMG_0001.JPG

Thanks for the report, Bill! Way to go guys! I hate that I missed it.

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new records everyone!

I am looking forward to running on the new site. It looks awesome!

It's hard to believe that I have not been there since 2003.

what happen did Mark B run his SST with NR91DD ??
default_huh.png

Allan, We ran two of them in two SST boats. Both ran great and we really pushed them hard. Burned almost 5 gallons of fuel between the two of them. Did not get a chance to time any runs. We had a flywheel come lose on one of them and retired them for the event. They will be ready for Branden FL.

They had issues with the buoys!
I never hit a buoy! My new 12 hydro was running just under 90 with a very conservative prop. It broke the rudder blade off on the first run with a pitched up prop.
Martin was running well over 100 with his 45 and 21 boats on every pass. He made several passes in the 120 range with his custom Nova .47 (E hydro).

GQ

I never hit a buoy! My new 12 hydro was running just under 90 with a very conservative prop. It broke the rudder blade off on the first run with a pitched up prop.
Martin was running well over 100 with his 45 and 21 boats on every pass. He made several passes in the 120 range with his custom Nova .47 (E hydro).

GQ
Glen

Your new .12 hydro hitting near 90 coolbeans!!! To bad about the rudder, see you at Blue lake sir dang that's fast

GQ
Hi Glenn I never see Custom Nova .47 Can you show any picture ? thanks

I never hit a buoy! My new 12 hydro was running just under 90 with a very conservative prop. It broke the rudder blade off on the first run with a pitched up prop.Martin was running well over 100 with his 45 and 21 boats on every pass. He made several passes in the 120 range with his custom Nova .47 (E hydro).

GQ
Hi Glenn I never see Custom Nova .47 Can you show any picture ? thanks
Allan, it looks exactly like a nova .46. It just has a larger bore. Martin built it.
GQ

I would like to thank Mic and Jay Halbrehder for all of their help, I could not have done it without them. It was a great trip and the site and people were amazing! Who knew time trials could be so much fun.

IMG_1417 (2).jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_1418 (1).jpg

Was a good weekend and congrats to all that moved the bar out a little further. New site is a winner and I think will be better positioned for weather. Thanks again to the Huntsville crew for all their work putting on a first class event.

Besides records set the action on the water was fierce. Nice meeting Keith Kirchen and the FE guys from Michigan. More than one 100mph cat in that group. The acceleration of a twin engine "T" cat is something to behold. Unbelievable. Martin, Glenn and David were no slouches either. All this cool stuff and that drone topped it off.

Congrats to Jeff Maturo who did well at his first trials. He learns quick and went from a "prospect" to a full "Team Ugly' patched member. A World Championship at Charleston and now World Records all in his rookie season. He breaks a lot less equipment than Jay too.

Mic

Back