Replacment .18 for MV

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefffro007

I'm looking to replace my aqu .18 and not sure what to buy . Please correct me if i'm wrong !!! The cvrm has been discontinued and so has the aqu .18 . I was wanting to know what is the best replacment for the aqu .18 ? Is the cvrm in the pullstart version still being made or is it just the non pull version thats discontinued ? I would hope that what ever i buy that parts will still be available in the future . I'm not interested in the Go engines . Any input would be much appreciated !!

Thanks

Jeff

I'm looking to replace my aqu .18 and not sure what to buy . Please correct me if i'm wrong !!! The cvrm has been discontinued and so has the aqu .18 . I was wanting to know what is the best replacment for the aqu .18 ? Is the cvrm in the pullstart version still being made or is it just the non pull version thats discontinued ? I would hope that what ever i buy that parts will still be available in the future . I'm not interested in the Go engines . Any input would be much appreciated !!
Thanks

Jeff
I got a aquacraft.18 for sale. it awsome shape,only 5 tank ran threw it.I'm starting to run .21's in most of my boats.If your interested in it just PM me I'll give you a deal on it..A guy on here used a CVRM back plate on his aquacraft motor with alittle mod to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
that would be me who did the back plate conversion........ beleive it or not the aqua is a really strong engine,,,,, ive had amazing results with them in the sv-27's........ i found they can spin a octura x440/3 with no problem....they are very versital when it comes to fuel,,,,they will run on 10%,,,,,,all the way up to 60%...... port configurations and the short stroke make it quite the power house for a little guy....cv-rm is no longer produced,,,but i cant imagine that there will be a parts shortage any time soon.....the cv-rm has a different stroke so they make a little more power,,,,,but with proper tune and set up,,,these aqua's rip.....saw speeds of 42 mph on the sv with 60% fuel and a prop......since, i have put a andy brown pipe on it and did the back plate modification so i could start it with a belt instead of the pullstart....no reason i shouldnt see 46 mph or better out of this $260.00 rtr sv-27..... in my eyes these aqua .18's will get the job done,,,,,parts are very cheap,,,, and so far it has taken quite the beating from me and still in mint inside the engine,,,,nice tight spot at the top.....key i think is when they shut down,,, you should rotate the crank so the piston is at the bottom of the sleeve,,,,then let it cool.....keeps the engines alive alot longer....my engine has seen just about a gal. of 60% with no failures of any sort...... but if your looking to swap out,,,,the cv-rm is a good choice..... terminator (terry) could hook you up with a cv-rm just get ahold of him.....think he has like 4 brand new ones

alden

Thanks

Jeff
The CVRM has been discontinued, but the CVRMX is still for sale. Last one I put together, I got a new CVR from Ebay, put a CVRM head on it from Tower...and had a non-pullstart CVRM..

Sean

How about a Novarossi .12??? Although I haven't put one in my MV yet, the .12 makes way more power than the stock .18 so it should work really good!
Glenn
Glenn, you need to talk NR into making a .15 or .18 marine engine... With what they have out, I would not think it would be too hard to match or beat the AQ and CVRM. From what I gather, the AQ engine is running on 3 ports...and the CVRM is running on 4.

Sean

How about a Novarossi .12??? Although I haven't put one in my MV yet, the .12 makes way more power than the stock .18 so it should work really good!
Glenn
Ya those arent cheap!! the.12 3port is 170 and the 5 port is 175!Visit My Website this is tower websight,they still making .18CV-RX for 130.Visit My Website theres some guys are running the O.S.18TZ in there vegas its 149.Visit My Website Just clic to vist my website's and they will take you to those websight I'd mentioned. I'm going to try the Go.18 race motor. Beef has a .18 Go that he's made a new head botton and did alittle cyclender port work and it realy flyes. I saw his vegas video with the 65 dollar Go motor and she realy goes!!

Thanks

Jeff
The CVRM has been discontinued, but the CVRMX is still for sale. Last one I put together, I got a new CVR from Ebay, put a CVRM head on it from Tower...and had a non-pullstart CVRM..

Sean

Glenn
Glenn, you need to talk NR into making a .15 or .18 marine engine... With what they have out, I would not think it would be too hard to match or beat the AQ and CVRM. From what I gather, the AQ engine is running on 2 ports...and the CVRM is running on 3.

Sean

Here is a video of my Mod. Miss Vegas with a under $100.00 GO 18 . It has the Timing changed to 180 on the exhaust and 126 on the intake. It also has a new head button on it too. I think it could be a winner. I plan on getting more, I buy them from rcworldwide.com deliered to my door in one week from hong kong. Hope you like what you see.

Thanks Keith

I agree with you Greg, It might come to a wrestling match for the hot motors in the claimer class, I think my $100 dollars is faster than yours. It will be a race to see who can claim it faster.

I agree with you Greg, It might come to a wrestling match for the hot motors in the claimer class, I think my $100 dollars is faster than yours. It will be a race to see who can claim it faster.
You two are terrible...lol. I'll just bring one for each of you.

I think I would have a hard time running a $100 engine, with a $100 worth of mods done to it, in a $100 claimer class... Folks would be idiots to NOT claim the motor for $100. I wonder how many folks dont race due to the "claimer" rule.

Sean

So all you did is change the cooling head from the cvr to the cvr-m ? Are the buttons the same ?
The "button" is part of the buggy head, not a separate piece. The CVRM head comes with the water jacket and button. You also need longer screws...the buggy head screws are shorter.

Sean

Hey Rick; Did that in high school and did pretty well. 6 foot 265lbs I may even be able to take Kieth out with a quick kick to the groin :rolleyes: Greg

I think I would have a hard time running a $100 engine, with a $100 worth of mods done to it, in a $100 claimer class... Folks would be idiots to NOT claim the motor for $100. I wonder how many folks dont race due to the "claimer" rule.
Sean

I don't understand the claimer rule??? If I buy an engine and spend hours modding then who ever loses can take my engine. Maybe the rule should be no engines with a market value higher than 100.00. I think that would be better than some one being able to take your hard work. That way the losers will learn to mod their own engines. I won't be racing in any RTR classes with the claimer rule.

Travis

Hey Rick; Did that in high school and did pretty well. 6 foot 265lbs I may even be able to take Kieth out with a quick kick to the groin :rolleyes: Greg
I have a total of 135.00 in this engine. Greg I will be sure to wear a cup to the races next weekend to protect myself from your uncontrollable feet. haha. There is nothing in the rules that states I have to run this engine in every heat race. So if I run it in three heats and change it out before the final I guess I won't lose the engine to a claim since the claim isn't in effect till after the finish or the final race. Oh I just pulled a rabbit out of the hat or did I just find a loop hole in the rules. That should start a uproar in a heartbeat...lol Looks like you'll be claiming my aquacraft I ran at the last race it was pretty fast if you remember right. We would have been a lot closer if you wouldn't of had bad luck Greg. I would of much rather raced side by side in all our heats.

Bring the Benjamen's and your rule book

Keith Wicks

Keith Wicks
I dont think you are going to see the claimer rule in the rule book. I would be surprised if you ever did (but I have been proved wrong more than once with the rules for boat racing...). So I guess it would be up to the local club and their interpretation of the claimer rule as a trial rule... If they like/want the claimer rule, I would be surprised if it was legal to swap engines for the fifth heat so they could not claim your good engine.

Sean

Keith Wicks
I dont think you are going to see the claimer rule in the rule book. I would be surprised if you ever did (but I have been proved wrong more than once with the rules for boat racing...). So I guess it would be up to the local club and their interpretation of the claimer rule as a trial rule... If they like/want the claimer rule, I would be surprised if it was legal to swap engines for the fifth heat so they could not claim your good engine.

Sean
I am basing this off the club rules I was given at the club meeting, where we voted on everything. All I know is I've tried to beat a certain couple of boats all year and I finally did this last race due to bad luck an one not being there and thats not the way I want to win. I haven't attempted to claim any of their engine cause I didn't think that would be right to buy a win. So I went out and bought a engine and had a friend do some mods to it and as you can see in the video I posted it looks to be a strong candidate to be a winner. So what I would suggest is mod your engines over the next week and lets see if this GO 18 is as strong as it looks to be.

Keith Wicks

Back