replacement parts for JR radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

broke my radio antenna at the end of last season, anyone know where i can buy a new one? it's a JR XR2.....tower doesnt sell JR, and servo city doesnt have replacemnt radio parts :(

thanks mike.....ill try emailing them about it, in my experience thier customer service isnt too hot though.

My LHS had a antenna for my JR Radio.

such a simple part, and so hard to find.

NT

thanks guys,

email sent to both radio south and horizon.

still looking as of now though...i wonder if contacting the manufacturer would work?

Horizon is the service center for JR. And as already mentioned they have a mail order company called horizon hobby. If all else fails let me know I work at a hobby shop and probably have one in stock.

Derek

I broke my battery pack and thought I would have to order one. Boy was I happy to find one at Radio Shack for $1.89!

Derek is right! Horizon has a mail order department and I see them listed in their catalog. Let me know and I will get you thier phone number and the part number.

Dale

dale,

if you could easily find the part number that would be great, i get home from school right around 5, which is when they close, so if i tried to just talk to a bunch of people and keep gettin transferred they'd end up closing on me.. <_<

Worse comes to worse; sand the chrome parts that are broken a little bit and take a piece of house wiring like 6" and insert and solder the broken area till you can get a new antenna. I did this and use the soldered antenna as a spare and it was for a JR. tx.

Go to www.horizonhobby.com

or call 1-800-338-4639

Monday - Friday 8am to 7pm Saturday 9am - 2pm Central Time.

Part # JRPA162

$12.99

That's for a black one, or check this link for more choices!

Horizon radio parts

wow thanks man,

that helps alot....i talked to derek [djt] last night on the chat and he's gonna sell me a used rudder, he might have the right antenna in at the hobby shop so if he does i'll get it from him, otherwise ill definitly go through horizon.

thanks again,

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't find an antenna,let me know. We stock them,and give racers a 10% discount.

Bob Kensill

Joe,

If you're going through Va Beach on the way to ODBC Chesapeake: Debbies R/C has JR antennae in stock. If you let me know what one, I'll check next time I'm down near Great Neck

KB

Last edited by a moderator:
kevin,

i shoulda thought of that since i got the radio from debbies :rolleyes:

but i didnt see any radio parts when i was there, i guess the lesson is "never underestimate the back room" B)

i havent heard back from DJT so maybe he changed his mind about selling me one,probly he just didnt have time to check yet. thanks for the info and help from all, thats one of the reasons this board is so great.

Back