Replacement cowl- bandit tunnel hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, its not that one. And its obviously not a Bandit one, or 2. The boat looks very similar to Julian's HTB-290 hull. I'll put pics up in a few hours. I really appreciate the help! Any help from Australia guys ? :unsure:

craig,,,,,,,,,, absolutely no pun intended,,, but i think you would have more fun with a newer style hull....... if its just a hobby for you or you intend to race,,,its just more fun,,they are faster and more stable at speeds.... that hull,,,, if in fact it is a falcon is for sure old like you stated,,and way out dated.....

all im sayin is that the grief you could possibly go through tryin to find a cowl will basicaly do nothin but keep you from enjoying your boat....... ;)

there are several hulls on the market here and elsewhere that are priced decently and are just great hulls........ seems today you can get a great handling hull for just over 150.00,,,,but then again you could spend a ton on one also... the vs1 i guess has had some seem issues i guess,,, but is a great handling,,looking,,runnin hull.... the ts3 is a great hull from what ive heard also,,and you can see in the video it does the job very well........ there is a fella on here,,,dan hutchinson,, makes the cobra hull,,, great competitive hull at a great price...... the htb,,,which i personally run is a great hull too and can be picked up second hand for a decent price.......just ya know,,, letting you know you dont have to spend a arm and leg to get somthin you will enjoy over and over agian........and if you ever choose to hit the races,,well then you would have somthin you can be competitive with.......

wether you are runnin what you have or gettin somthin else,,,,,,,, just have fun with it......

alden

guys,

thanks heaps for your advice. It is VERY similiar to that HTB hull- only difference- at the back it has a return on the cowl & uses D clips attached on the flat part of the hull, not on the side of the cowl. I am hoping the Sydney boys can hook me up with a replacement cowl, that I can modify to suit, if needed.. Then later on I'll look at doing a full tilt, modded engine and a new hull. Again, all advice appreciated & I am just into this as a bit of fun, not really into the racing side (at the moment!) ;)

Craig.

It was fiberglass...well, it still is, its just at the bottom of the river now. Im pretty good with fiberglass work, & I think I should be able to get a mould or a second hand cowl & modify it to suit.

kroggs,

yeah man, its VERY similar to that hull. the fixing points at the back of the cowl are different, but i reckon i can get the fiberglass & resin out & sort that out no worries bro. Do you know where i could get this cowl? I'll post some pics of the hull in a few hours- that should help! Cheers man. B)

yeah i just emailed him. I feel like such a goose for not fitting up flotation to the cowl. :( . I'll get the pics of the hull up in a few hours. Back to the garage & the fiberglass resin!

Thanks heaps for your help! I think I finally know what I have now. Yeah, its a ripper little boat. B)

It's an Aussie made gadjetcraft F1-11. 27" f/glass hull with no stumble blocks in the tunnel and an aluminium plate glassed into the transom. I had a few of them in the 90's. Won a nationals with one. My last one

Last edited by a moderator:
ha,,,,,good luck,,,gadjetcraft been out of bussiness for years on end.... made some killer o/b pipes

tim used to deal gadjet pipes kev... he knows quite a bit about them... im sure he will chime in again...

well craig,, you have yourself a collectable... :) and proly way better of a hull then you thought like kev said...

good luck on your search,, i hope you find one....

alden

Craig not sure on the size of cowl or anything but you could talk with Tim Leyde on here and see what the size cowl he is making... It might fit or you might need to trim it to fit... Or if your handy you might be able to mod it to fit... Send him a PM and see what he says... Other options wold be a ts3 or vs1 cowl or another maker..... Good luck I hope ya can find one!!!

Back