Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct 3&4th.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
All IMPBA classes for SAW and 1/3rd Oval, 8am-dark. Come and go any time, flat $25 to register, run as often as time permits.

Here's a map of Thread Lake, we're at the north end of Orville St., north of McKinley Park:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=orville+st,+flint,+mi&sll=42.863886,-83.465881&sspn=1.455491,2.460938&ie=UTF8&ll=42.998668,-83.674514&spn=0.012068,0.019205&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Here's the M6 where we stay, under $40/nt:

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1069&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&CP=&TA=

Here's some pix from past events:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10068

Come run the biggest record water anywhere!

normal_DSC_1612-2a.jpg

Mark Grimm's F hydro courtesy David Lewis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry,

Randy and I will be there for sure.

Just back from Hobart and now time to change direction for SAW.

Flint is always a great time and can't wait to see everyone and that nice big pond once again.

LMK when your heading that way and if you need anything.

See ya soon :)

Hi Terry,

Randy and I will be there for sure.

Just back from Hobart and now time to change direction for SAW.

Flint is always a great time and can't wait to see everyone and that nice big pond once again.

LMK when your heading that way and if you need anything.

See ya soon :)

Sounds good Walt, be good to see you and Randy again, thanks again for the great Johnson O/B, helped the cause a bunch! :D

Here's latest record list from Doug Smock:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10068/RECORDS_21_JUNE_2009.XLS

I know they're working on our IMPBA website and sure this info will be updated there regularily... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry,

Sorry I dont think I will make it this fall, my ride sorta fell thru so I will see you in spring.

Hope this helps,

Paul

flint.jpg

Terry i'm hoping to get up there Sunday with some big Fast Electric hulls. Can i join IMPBA and register for the event on the same day, currently NAMBA only member. Whats the costs?

Terry i'm hoping to get up there Sunday with some big Fast Electric hulls. Can i join IMPBA and register for the event on the same day, currently NAMBA only member. Whats the costs?

Good stuff, you gonna bring Fred and Terry with ya? :rolleyes:

No problem to join and run/set records right away, membership is $30 after Sept. 1st. If you could fill in the application and bring a check made out to IMPBA that'd help us out. :) Here's an app. for you:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10068/IMPBA_09_Appl.pdf

What classes you runnin?

Sittin' here at the M6 in Flint watching the rain, should clear up this afternoon.

Not looking like too bad a weekend, we'll sure have good air with lows around 40 and only getting to mid 50's both days. :eek:

We have the site all set up and are ready to go!

Sittin' here at the M6 in Flint watching the rain, should clear up this afternoon.

Not looking like too bad a weekend, we'll sure have good air with lows around 40 and only getting to mid 50's both days. :eek:

We have the site all set up and are ready to go!
It doesn't look like a good weekend to run, usually you guys get lucky. I know we're getting our tails wet on this side of the state. The idea was to roll over that way today but seeing what the forecast was I decided to hibernate in the basement and build a JAE .12 'rigger. Hopefully you'll get a break in the weather then break some records!

Mike Ross of Suicidal Engines reset the Gas Cat record with a one-way pass at 83 MPH and a 2-way record of 81.84 MPH. He and Wally Duarte fought it out all weekend for that one. I haven't heard of any others getting set. Mike did it with of all things, a Pro Cat.

That was a Mike cat.

I have to give credit where credit's due. Coppolino deserves none

Patiently waiting for Terry's photo collection.........He alway's does such a nice job! You got any shots Waltr???

Joe

Just got home a few hours ago and dead tired as always after our events but I managed to get some pix up, I'll do captions later:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1084&page=1

We had a great weekend with about 15 of us running throughout the weekend, lots of visitors too!

Conditions weren't too bad depending what you were running, we had a 10 mph breeze from the west all weekend but Thread Lake is well sheltered and the water was fairly flat. Air wasn't bad at 96-97% all weekend, a big Low stuck over the Lakes didn't help with rain showers on and off.

Big news was our own FAST member Mikey Ross of "Suicidal Engines" taking the six year old LS27 Cat record to 81.848 mph, with a best pass of 83.550. Mike set the mark early on Saturday and bumped it three times during the weekend, he kept us busy! His good buddy Wally Duarte made several passes over the old record with a best of 82.387 mph but couldn't quite get the backup to seal the deal.

Gary and Dave Preusse came again from Chicagoland and Gary came very close to the A(.12) Hydro mark running 76.271 mph one way. Dave ran his new CD Machine SP40 and looked like he might break the 9 year old 21.689 oval held by Mike Betke but radio glitches kept him from it.

Our own Walt Radzinski had a good news/bad news weekend running 97.741 mph with his 40 SG, bad news was he got caught by our infamous "Pinkert's Point" and wrecked the boat. He says he knows the set-up! :lol:

Terry Davis and Ken Joye were our "amp heads", Ken opened the books on the S Hydro oval at 35.404 sec, good job!

Oakland/Wolverine MBC and past President Teddy Dudley came Sunday and got some runs in, good to see ya Teddy.

In all another great event for our new FAST club, hope we see you next year, 1st weekend of May, 1st weekend of October. :D

Walt, you put the hurt on that 'rigger! It's a wonder that more people haven't hit that little point.

I don't know if you saw over at Jim's today but Tom Borisch is going to manufacture the Drag Cat hulls in the US and is trying to get some out within the month to a select few for testing. He paid dearly (lots of Euro's) to get the rights up front, not like someone else we know.

Back