ready for one

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

OK i should have about $200 for a new boart not including radio. I really don't care if it's competative, just want something high on the fun factor.

I was thinking of getting the dumas pay n pack even though i don't like the cowel (SP) are there any .21 motors prefferbly pull start that are under $150 but still be a decent motor? and any suggestions of hardware or other kits/plans that might be better

that looks perfect, too bad i don't have my refund back yet :( I e-mailed him anyways, hopefully if it doesn't sell he'll be willing to sell priveatly :) and that would help out with the radio i was looking at purchasing :)

You ought to ask Bob Tuttle if he'll sell you one of his wood sport 20's. He makes a nice boat. He used to race a wooden version, now he makes them in fiberglass, maybe he has an old one he'd sell for a good price?

hmm i think i have seen that.. nice looking boat, how would i get ahold of him?

hey boyz... I could build a couple of wood boats. It would take some time, but worth the wait. 250.00 for hull, cowl, and built in radiobox. Figure 8 weeks for delivery. shipping is 20.00 in the us.

I build two at a time so a second boat would be available. Let me know

Bob Tuttle B)

sounds tempting.. but thats a little more than i have to spend at this time.. hmm have to think about it

No problem. just let me know. Bob B)

Also check out my web site. My son did this in a high school computer class. really cool. Geocities.com/rhtmarine276/

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe i should make a new post for this.. but.. I am going to purchase a kit from long, he says it has been opened and is missing the plans and the instructions hopefully nothng else. it is the dumas pay and pak, if anybody has a spare, or old set of these that would be willing to sell me a copy i would greatly appreciate it.

also on grims cowel for the pay-n-pak does it have to be cut at all? does it come with all nessacary hardware to attach minus glue?

thanx for all the help and suggestions guys

Last edited by a moderator:
CySlyde said:
maybe i should make a new post for this.. but.. I am going to purchase a kit from long, he says it has been opened and is missing the plans and the instructions hopefully nothng else. it is the dumas pay and pak, if anybody has a spare, or old set of these that would be willing to sell me a copy i would greatly appreciate it.
also on grims cowel for the pay-n-pak does it have to be cut at all? does it come with all nessacary hardware to attach minus glue?

thanx for all the help and suggestions guys
The cowl needs to have the back opened up to allow the exhaust to escape. Also you can open the air scoop on the front to allow fresh air to get in the boat.

As far as mounting the cowl it can be done with basic rotation straps that you might have in our shop or you can get a set of cowl locks to hold it on.. Either works fine.

Let me know if you have any questions…

grim

I have a set of Plans and instructions around here somewhere if i can find them you can have them.

Tom.

where is a good place to get sport 20 hardware? will any of the electric hardware stand up?

Mike,

I just put your kit in the mail. You should have it in a couple of days. Enjoy!!! Also, you can get plans and building instructions directly from Dumas for about $7.00. Give them a call if you can't find anyothers.

Mike

Back