Re-Chroming Piston Liners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering out loud, does that bring an existing damaged liner back to life or does the bore change requiring a new piston also ?

Thanks Guys,,, What you describe that Paul did is what I'm looking for.

Have a P&S that I ran too lean and took some of the chrome off @ the exhaust port and stuck it to the piston,,,,, And of course the P&S are no longer produced/available

Brad, do you have contact info for Ken Ratallick?

I hace had numerous engines rechromed with hard chrome and if done by an experiened engine man it is better than new and lasts much longer, it is not cheap. Brian Charney in New Jersey has done my motors and he is superrb engine man but he dooes not have details for every motor out there. I know he can do Picco Hydro 90, and most OPS motors. If anyone is interested let me know and I can put ypou in touch.

Ken

I hace had numerous engines rechromed with hard chrome and if done by an experiened engine man it is better than new and lasts much longer, it is not cheap. Brian Charney in New Jersey has done my motors and he is superrb engine man but he dooes not have details for every motor out there. I know he can do Picco Hydro 90, and most OPS motors. If anyone is interested let me know and I can put ypou in touch.

Ken
Ken, spent many hours in Brian's basement hand honing sleeves on the lathe. We stripped new K&B and OPS sleeves out the box and rechromed before we even ran them. Jim was still on L.I. back then and him and Brian were close. Ahhh the good old days.
default_cool.png

Brad, did you folks have a race over there this weekend? Sent Ken an email on Friday morning (Georgia time) and haven't heard back from him yet.

Didn't Ken also have a website? Retallick engineering or something like that?

Brad, did you folks have a race over there this weekend? Sent Ken an email on Friday morning (Georgia time) and haven't heard back from him yet.

Didn't Ken also have a website? Retallick engineering or something like that?
yeah, we had our Nationals which is ran over 6 days.

I know he is looking to get a new website up, not sure if the old one is still there.

I'm sure he will get back to you shortly.

Back