RCU/Hydroprop Race question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett randall

Hey RCU guys...

Is the race in the weekend of July 24th and 25th in the same location as the Unlimiteds? Any details available at this time?

Thanks

Garrett Randall

IMPBA D4

Last edited by a moderator:
Garrett,

I am not an RCU member but I have gone to that race the last three years and will be going again this year to race.

Three years a go it was down the road and not at the big boat site. There was no water as it is a combo fishing/swimming hole.

Two years a go there was no water until at the last moment (yet too late), the parks department filled it up. They probably did not want a public eye sore.

Last year the parks department filled it up in plenty of time and we raced at the big boat site. It's a bummer that RCU doesn't see the support they deserve..... but maybe they now do.

My money says that the RCU race will be at the big boat site. That is what they are planning on as of now. It's worth the trip if you have not made it before.........and I drive 1200 miles one way.

Al Waters

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

Sorry......thaought I was logged in.........

Al Waters

yes as for right now plans are to have race at the park with the big boats but we are at the mercy of the parks department it depends if they want to fill pond or produce medical leaches in pond ask troy about the leaches they love his blood hey al chet says he is ready for you with his new cmbs no more ops for him see you at columbia cup

If the RCU race was not at the same park as the Unlimiteds, would it be in the same general area (city)??

Thanks

Garrett

Yes it is only a few minutes from the big race course to the little course if we don't race behind the pits. Troy

Brian,

tell the Jet we have a bet. The Super Salami will be ready.

Garrett,

the park just down the road is really a nice race site. The wind can blow and not be a problem and there are plenty of shade trees.

The pond behind the race site has eating facilities and the teams pay us all a visit.

They both have their positives but you get a better "race feeling" when you are at the big boat site.

There is only one way to really know .......... show up and enter. There are some great people at this race. I wouldn't miss it.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

Latest posts

Back