Raptor by Forresterace Designs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forresterace

Here are the first released pictures of my Raptor kit. It is an all-wood laser-cut LSH kit with a vac-formed cowl. It is 25.5" long and 13.5" wide. The bare wood hull weighs 16 oz. and has built-in floatation chambers, interchangable motor mount plates and a watertight radio box. The kit will be released on January 26, 2004

Rapfotosm4.jpg

Rapfotosm3.jpg

Rapfotosm2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven - Dealer network is still being negotiated. I will probably not sell direct myself. Sending you a PM.

Hey Doug,

Slobber-slobber :p I want one NOWNOWNOWNOW!!!!!lol that's my best whiney kid impression, like it? :D

Looks sweet Doug, can't wait.

Paul.

Very nice looking design! Maybe I need to start building again.

thanks

Steve

Doug, What is the cowl made from? Is that a prefab canopy from a plane?

Looks light and fast.

Great job!

Doug...I was in awe so much I missed the part of vac made cowl...nevermind :)

...and I love flat black hardware!! Paint holds up just fine on all mine so far but mine have been colors--- but I really like the black!

You did good.

Has anyone heard more on DOUG'S new boat beside 1/26/04? Like money, motor, cell count , upgradeability and all info needed to fly when all is installed? i am like a bear in a china closet!!! LOL

If I remember corectly, the boat is designed for the LSH class.

The motor is a 700. Cells would be 12 as per class rules.

You would have to ask Doug the rest of the questions as it is his design.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Hi Guest (I'll bet I know you :) )

Peter is right as far as the 12 cell/700 motor optimum set-up. The boat has been sized to be perfect, to my mind, for the LSH class at 25.5" long. The supplied motor mount plate is drilled for the 700/SS1 motor and is removeable with the motor. You do not need a separate motor mount with this kit and the mount is rigid and does not flex with the hull bottom and move the prop shaft.

There are over 10 separate sealed watertight compartments in the structure and the boat does not need additional flotation. At the stern there is a watertight radio box. The vac-formed plastic cowl is stictly cosmetic and the motor/battery compartment has its own flat (for easy taping) lid.

I suspect that the boat would also do well as a Bl powered "O" Sport Hydro with 8 cells. The kit price is not "cast in stone" yet (I'm still waiting on a price for the cowl) but it should be around $100 USD.

Here are some more pictures:

Rapfototop.jpg

Rapfotosm5.jpg

Rapfotosm9.jpg

It looks like the kit will be available from (but not limited to) ClimateModels and also I will be selling them direct and will soon have a website (stay tuned).

I bet i know you;, sorry i don't know you but that lsh is a beaut and my hats off to you !

Latest posts

Back