Radio Systems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Taylor

Ok, I have a Futaba 27 mhz. system. Can I race with this or do I need to get a 75 mhz. system?

You will be fine. I still run 27 & 75 band. It seems as time goes on I have less and less problems with people on my channel. I 14 or so PCM receivers. I am not about to invest 1000 or so to replace something that aint broke. 2.4 Would be nice. But just not going to happen.

I did do it for my RC buggy. Just makes it a ton easier when racing at the track.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mike

check out the flysky ftgt3b radio on hobbypartz .com . i guy in the club up here has been using one for over a year now. it has not given him any problems not even a glitch and the best part is rx's are only 8 bucks .

i'm getting one because i have nothing but problems with my futaba 3 pm rx's . flysky rx's even work under water,we tested it .

Anyone try the new Airtronics MT-4 yet? It looks really nice and has telemetry (sensors included) for temperature and rpm. Nice transmitter with the antenna in the handle so no external antenna.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/airtronics-mt-4-pistol-grip-radio-2-4g-w-telemetry.html

They say it's good for boats and cars. The system is frequency hopping spread spectrum like Futaba. I still have perfectly good systems on 75 Mhz, but I am starting to think more about the 2.4 Ghz stuff.

Glenn

Anyone try the new Airtronics MT-4 yet? It looks really nice and has telemetry (sensors included) for temperature and rpm. Nice transmitter with the antenna in the handle so no external antenna.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/airtronics-mt-4-pistol-grip-radio-2-4g-w-telemetry.html

They say it's good for boats and cars. The system is frequency hopping spread spectrum like Futaba. I still have perfectly good systems on 75 Mhz, but I am starting to think more about the 2.4 Ghz stuff.

Glenn
Yep. Love it!! No issues. 2s lipo in the Transmiter 2 weekends still shows 8.3 volts. Have not hooked up the telemetry yet.

So many cheap options available, thinking of selling off my Futaba... If I did I would be able to put recievers in all my boats and have nitro money!!!! Besides the cheap looks and materials they seem to be working fine....

Back on topic if it works run it!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've still got some AM radios on 27 Mhz but just haven't run the boats in a while. I also have some FM's and now 2.4 Gigs. I'm still not 100% comfortable with 2.4 yet and with everyone else flocking to 2.4 it's easier to run my FM's without having to change crystals or worry about getting hits which I never had an issue with anyway. I've seen too many 2.4's having problems to date.

Back