• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Radio South Pro Driver MKII glow driver

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Canto

Supporting Member
I have a Radio South MKII Pro-driver igniter that is in the box with instructions. It has only been used for testing purposes to compare to our new GLOW BEAST. $35.00 + shipping

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Eric,

Is the GLOW BEAST the glow driver that you sent me? If so it is THE BEST glow

driver on the market. It can even start a pair of twins at the same time with double

leads on the driver. This will be one of the last glow drivers you will ever buy. If I

can use my digital camera that I just got, I will post a picture on here if I can figure

that out. I know that they are available Russell, because I have one that I tested,

and I have one to sell. They are going for $60.00 I believe. Once Eric gets home

from testing he will let you all know.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It has always bothered me that all glow drivers are designed for car or airplane guys running low nitro and hot plugs. The GLOW BEAST is designed for high nitro and cold plugs, it was designed for boat racers! It has 5 amp hours of capacity and higher voltage than most drivers, it has a big easy to read meter to let you know if the plug is good or not, and most racers use it for months on only one charge. It has sealed lead acid batteries so they hold a charge great between usage and require no special charging attention. Thanks for the interest. It also has two outputs so starting a twin or two boats at once is easy. I will post some pictures Monday if Mark does not get his pictures posted.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

It has always bothered me that all glow drivers are designed for car or airplane guys running low nitro and hot plugs. The GLOW BEAST is designed for high nitro and cold plugs, it was designed for boat racers! It has 5 amp hours of capacity and higher voltage than most drivers, it has a big easy to read meter to let you know if the plug is good or not, and most racers use it for months on only one charge. It has sealed lead acid batteries so they hold a charge great between usage and require no special charging attention. Thanks for the interest. It also has two outputs so starting a twin or two boats at once is easy. I will post some pictures Monday if Mark does not get his pictures posted.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop
Two outputs for a twin, now that's got my name all over it. :D

Eric, what is the cost of THE BEAST?? B)

Umm, and how big &... er.... heavy is it? :rolleyes:

I have a Radio South MKII Pro-driver igniter that is in the box with instructions. It has only been used for testing purposes to compare to our new GLOW BEAST. $35.00 + shipping

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop
Hi Eric..

If you haven't sold Radio South Pro-driver yet, I'll take it. Does it have the charger with it?

Thanks,

Steve Ball

All of the pictures I have are too large to post. I will take some lower resolution pictures tonight and post on Tuesday. Sorry.

The radio south did not come with a charger.

Tom - That sounds like a ton of fun! How is the new retreat on the river coming along?

Don - I will post measurements with the pics. It is just large enough to allow the 5 amp hour battery capacity and large meter.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Nice job Eric.. Looks simillar to the SRP Glowbee that I made for a long time. What batteries are you using in this setup?

Is there a way to get that Meter not mounted to the box? I am building a new starting box for myself and would like to have a meter setup...

Jay

Picture of the Glow Beast.

Jay - The batteries are two SLA 2v 2.5A/H in parallel. Do you have a picture of the driver you used to make? Thanks.

Miss Bud - Thanks for the comments. We are offering it for $59.00.

Thanks!

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Jay - The batteries are two SLA 2v 2.5A/H in parallel. Do you have a picture of the driver you used to make? Thanks.

Thanks!

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop
Eric am I correct in assuming this is "auto sensing" as far as load from the plug?? In other words it will up the amperage on it's own on say a flooded engine??

Don - the amperage is ALWAYS close to the max that a typical cold plug can safely use, so there is no need for additional boost. It will easily clear a flooded plug.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Don - the amperage is ALWAYS close to the max that a typical cold plug can safely use, so there is no need for additional boost. It will easily clear a flooded plug.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop
The reason I was asking is the voltage/amperage to get say an MC-9 glowing like it should will typically pop the element on a plug like a K&B 1L. :blink:

That is why the GLOW BEAST was designed specifically for cold plugs/high nitro. I do have an optional "step down" cord so if you would like to use the beast with hot plugs, you can. The step down cord is $14.00. Or if someone would prefer, I can build one with a third output jack that will be stepped down.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

That is why the GLOW BEAST was designed specifically for cold plugs/high nitro. I do have an optional "step down" cord so if you would like to use the beast with hot plugs, you can. The step down cord is $14.00. Or if someone would prefer, I can build one with a third output jack that will be stepped down.

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

[Nice product Eric , looks real nice and I am sure functions well . That is a very reasonable price as well for a product that we all need !!

Thanks!

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop
Hmm? 2 SLA in parallel? How are you avoiding self discharge problems? It's not a good idea to leave batteries in parallel as they will slowly walk each others voltage down, especially SLA. Are you using some sort of isolation between the two cells?

Latest posts

Back