Radio Problems with stryker

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keegs01

i have recently set up a stryker hydro with a g23pum zenoha. the problem i am having is that i am getting heeps of radio interference. i have barely any range when the motor is running or when its not. the radio is jr xr3, run on a 6 volt 5cell flat pack at 1400 milliamps. a y harness is used to give power directly to the 1/4 size rudder servo. jr suggested that the voltage is to high and the milliamps to low. they recomend i run a 4cell pack at 4.8 volts and 2400 milliamps. is this right? will the servo still get the power needed to turn the boat??? i have had the reciever replaced and everything else tested. its all good aparently. what are your opinions? ever heard of a problem like this?

any help is great. thanx

ryan.

Ryan,

You need to use resistor type spark plug and wire.

As for the battery...either one will work fine. (The servos will move faster with the 6V/1400ma , but the 4.8/2400ma will last longer)

g'day,

i am using a resistor type plug, the wire along with all other electrical components have been tested and were fine but were replaced to eliminate that possibility. i am starting to think it may be the frequency i am running on its 27 mhz. it might be getting to much interference but now jr have stopped production on their 40 mhz xr3. anyone have any good suggestions on anouther brand of radio, bout the same price and layout that runs on a higher frequency???

thanks ;)

Does the radio gear (ALL of it including the switch) seem to work OK when completely removed from the boat? Seems strange that it acts the same when the motor is running versus not running. Radio interference can come from vibrating metal objects too. Either one of those packs should work when charged properly. Some receivers/servos can be jittery when running 6 volts thru them, so test with the 4.8 volt pack. Is the radio brand new? Be sure and route all your radio wires away from potential noise sources such as metal or ignition components. You can try wrapping an RF shield around your receiver by using some aluminum foil. Did anything get wet? It may also be your transmitter, or antenna. Hehehe...Lots of variables so more information might help.

Ryan

Take the y harness off and plug the battires direct to reciver. I don't undersatnd why you think a 1/4 servo won't turn a boat. The radio is set to run the power to reciver them to servos I run the XR 3 in serval different gas boats and have no problem with any of them.

Randy

Back