Radio gear question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken t.

I am just wondering what you guys do about radios for multiple boats,Do you buy a complete set, transmitter,reciever and servo's ..for each boat. Do you use one main transmitter and just buy servo's and recievers for each boat.

Is there a way to set up multiple boats without spending a fortune on radio gear??

ken t. said:
I am just wondering what you guys do about radios for multiple boats,Do you buy a complete set, transmitter,reciever and servo's ..for each boat. Do you use one main transmitter and just buy servo's and recievers for each boat.
Is there a way to set up multiple boats without spending a fortune on radio gear??

97078[/snapback]

I use 1 tx for all my boats. Works out simmilar in price to multiple radios but the quality of the TX is much higher.

Last generation radio systems have memory for 5,6 or more boats so just buy new servos and you have what you want.

Gill

I used to use a JR 388 with 8 model memories...

Now have an R1 - 10 memories...

Mostly buy rx and servos seperate as I never use a standard 50x servo for rudders. I have bought a complete 4 channel set just for the rx and servos if I found a set on special. Still have a spare tx from one of those....

a jrxs3 radio system up to five or six model memory and no crystals and your can have multiple profiles at your finger tips just buy more recivers and servos and your set you can get this radio for cheap plus it has all the features a racer would ever want

i swear by myne no glitches and no problems

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an Airtronics M8 with all my stuff...i bought the Novak synth modual so i don't have to use crystals in the radio.....i also use Novak synth receivers as they can be set to any chanel as well....

The great thing about this setup idea is that you can use any Airtronics compatible receiver and dial in your radio to it's chanel [if it's crystal] or change the chanels at will if it's a synth...

to answer your question directly...receivers and servo...packages don't have what i want/use...later, Dean

I personal use 1 TX for all my boats and even on my On Road Car.

Just get Rx and Servos when I build a new rig.

I like that I have to carry only one TX to a race and that I don't have to figure out how to operate differant radios for differant boats / cars. Just keeping it simple.

-BUCK-

Since I acquired them one at a time, I have three radios for three boats, and two of them are on channel 65. I have each one set up for the boat it matches up to, and keep extra battery backs on hand too. I'm a worrywart about battery failure (it has happened to me about twice), so I like the idea of a separate tx for each boat. On the other hand, when I dropped and broke the antenna mount on one of my 65's, I was able to substitute the other for the rest of the weekend. It was a royal pain, though, because I had to reverse the steering servo switch each time. I learned very quickly to bench test all the functions BEFORE the heat began. (LOL)

Hi

I use an super exses...stick version of the m8 and I also have one extra for all my boats...this way I don't have all my eggs in one basket

basically 2 transmitter 8 boats and 8 recievers and servo sets :D

lets me have multiple back ups :)

Dave B

Back