radio box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer

hey all im just fitting out my radio box now ive put the servos in alumunium now i ve got 2 holes on my box already and i dont want any more will 5 min araldite hold the servos in place or do you guys recommend another soluton

: :) : :) : :) : :) : :) : :) : :) : :) : :)

Hi Slayer,

Not to be picky but you haven't given enough information to be able to provide any meaningful alternatives. What servo's are you using? Are they top or side mounted? What is the radio box in? What is the radio box made of?

Picture saves a thousand words. :p

GT ;)

Slayer,

Do you mean to glue the servos to the box or glue aluminium servo mounts to the box?

I really would not recommend 5 minute araldite for gluing the mounts in. Use the 8 hour stuff. Or Devcon 2-ton which is better yet. I woudn't recommend gluing servos in directly, but I have seen this done in planes with silicone. I would not trust it in large boats tho.

Ian.

sorry guys ok the servos are side mounted the servos i got is Jr for throttle and a hs705 for the rudder the hull is a sprint cat as well

and yes i was going to glue the mounts in mot the servos there screwed into the mounts

sp what does everyone rekomend then

I use alu L profile 3 mm thick cut to 7 mm wide, bolted to the side or bottom ( when they must be flat mounted) of the radiobox. When threading them through put silicone on it and finish it off with a little dap on the outside. Mount servo's with M-2 bolts ( tap thread in alu and secure with a nit on the other side.

Julius

I would glue with the devcon 2 ton ****, that works well, but would try and get a couple screws in there also.

Leave that hitec servo so you can get it out easy, BEcause.

LMAO Sorry but lately i have had NOTHING but Hitec servos going bad. I have replaces 2 and need to send them in for warrenty. I am done using them, alitle water and they dont work.

My JR servos have held up nice, and am going to have to get one of them now. hell with hitec and there servoes that dont work after one time getting wett.

Back