Radio Box/Servo Tray Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni Lightbourne

Hello All. Happy New Year to you!
I'm just trying to find out what method you all are using for lashing servo tray to the radio box. What's the best method for quick release if needed. Over the years I just fixed the tray to the box drilling straight through with nuts on the underside of the box and dabbed a little silicone over the nuts.
What methods are you guys using these days?

You could glass / epoxy wood rails or blocks into the sides of the radio box and then make a plywood tray to screw down on to those rails.

I build my own plywood radio boxes for my monos, and just incorporate the servo blocks into the design...small thin strap over the servo to lock it in place... easy peasy... you can do the same with a F/G box by gluing down a thin plywood floor first and then make blocks to hold servos.

I don't drill holes in the box that I don't have to!!

Flip T nuts over. Splay the titties out and glass them in.

zZybxuv.jpg

a4QAlCy.jpg

LCng254.jpg

OahkSCf.jpg

Speedmaster makes a pretty neat removable servo mount set up for any size servo you might need. I've used them in a few of my boats. Simply epoxy in place, use bolts to remove or replace hard to reach servos.
20210108_000905.jpg
20210108_000735.jpg
20210108_000723.jpg

Latest posts

Back