Race Wounds!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, I've got shots somewhere of Harry's boat and that they we supposed to bring it back for a run-off and showed up at the dock with just the back half! It was one of those crashes that shouldn't have happened. Harry was running on the most used channel at the Internat's and my belief is that someone in the pits turned on their radio. We didn't have enough help to have someone man the radio impound area so it was on an honor system. The kind of funny thing was that Steve Ball and Walt Barney were trying to figure out which one built the fuel cell as that was about the time that Walt took over the business.

In your other shots from Celina, that's one place where you want to make sure that your radio system is in tip-top shape as all of that broken cement rip-rap will scare you lining the back stretch. My plan is to race there in the fall at the Gas Nat's so you know that I want to keep my battery packs fully charged! I've got some carnage shots from that race also.

2007GasNats007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This goes back to Julian's statement about a good co driver that can help you see whats coming. In this vid you can see the driver misses the dead boat twice but gets it on the third time around. If you want to skip ahead the view of the collision from on-board is at 4:01. and the vid from the shore follows,

Dave

Latest posts

Back