R.I.P

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrHammerHead

I got some sad news today. Ron Green's (a.k.a.Capt. Ron) sister called me to tell me he had passed away

over the weekend. I know Ron rubbed some people the wrong way sometimes, me included, but few knew the other side.

I also new him to be the type of person that when he did something he put is whole heart into it. He did whatever it took to get the job done. He was super passionate about FE and sometimes this caused friction but like it or not you always knew where you stood with him. I'm sad he didn't see his last big goal for SAW come to fruition but he had a lot to be proud of already. He will be missed.

Chris Harris

I first met Ron in March 2006 at FE II in Valdosta. I was super impressed with the way he made his Seaducer monos "fly" to new record speeds.

I learned alot from you Capt. Ron!!

Rest in peace my Fast Electric brother.

Doug

I never met the Cap'n., but we talked on the phone a few times & He offered me some straight talk on setting up my mono.

He wanted me to take him to the "Lighthouse ", a jazz club in Hermosa Beach when he came to the L.A. SAWs. He hung out there when he was younger. I guess that chance is gone. R.I.P, Bro; hope the music in Heaven keeps 'ya smilin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of FE's colorful character's. I first met Ron at the Florida Namba FE Nats a few years ago and we last met at the Chris Harris Hydro Shootout last October in Sanford, Florida which he organized with Chris Harris. He loved FE thats for sure. He was outspoken on many issues he felt passionate about. I will always remember the nights on the patio at "Hops" talking about FE racing, SAW's and beer :D

I will miss ya Ron...

I just learned this sad news. Ron and I were never friends, but I think we understood each other and for that I respect him. I had no idea he was ill and it was only a few days ago I was wondering where he had gotten off to.

This is terrible news to hear.

My condolences to his family and he will be missed in the hobby.

Wow, didn't even know Ron was not well. :(

I too had the opportunity to have met Ron @ Valdosta a few years back and will admit he was one guy who was more outspoken and passionate about this hobby than even I am. I had swapped numerous p/m's, e-mails, and a couple calls with Ron and granted he'd rub some the wrong way but one thing for sure is he was out for the benefit of his fellow boaters and would rally for the best interest of them as a whole rather than himself, something often overlooked these days in model boating. Rest in peace Ron.

To say I'm shocked as I read this is an understatement, I first met Ron back in 04 , he took me under his wing and helped me more than anyone should have. Often mis-understood for his views and hard stance, he was truely passionate about F/E SAWS. and F/E Boating. My wife still jokingly blames Ron for getting me started in RC Boats.

Rest in Peace Ron, you will be missed my friend.

Andy

Ron was a great frend of mine. He will be missed dearly. Ron got me intrested in to Fast electric. We were always talking how to go faster at the next record trials. Well Ron I will not let you down on our project. We will be the first 100 fast electric mono. It will be decated to you for ever. God Speed buddy.

Jerry

Ron was a great frend of mine. He will be missed dearly. Ron got me intrested in to Fast electric. We were always talking how to go faster at the next record trials. Well Ron I will not let you down on our project. We will be the first 100 fast electric mono. It will be decated to you for ever. God Speed buddy.
Jerry
Jerry, I was going to send you a PM along those same lines, I very happy you have decided to help complete the goal

(100mph F/E Mono) that Ron chased from day one( he just hadn't realized until the last year or so it WAS within his grasp). A pioneer in F/E Mono's using your boats, and a darn good guy , I'm gonna miss him and our chats for hours at a time on the phone or by email.

PLEASE let me know if I can help out in any way or play a role in helping to achieve Ron's dream,

It would be my HONOR. I kinda feel like I owe any help that I can lend for all the things he did for me over the years and all the times he helped put me back together again when I was down. **** dude, I'm gonna miss ya -

Straight SAWS passes forever Ron, and keep the wet side wet buddy.......

Ron and Chris Harris at Valdosta with Bam-Bam .

95q4r9.jpg

Jerry Driving Bam-Bam as the proud pappa watches on- lol

24cegrd.jpg

Andy

Jerry
Ron would say he didn't care about the 100 mph mark, but we know better.

I'll help you out anyway I can Jerry.

See ya at the Spring Nats.

Doug

Captn. Ron gave me the hardest time at this sport :D But I literally shed a tear while writing this.

Ron was an instrumental part of Valdosta SAWS and many other FE Events..

A cool buddy to trade equipment with, and an all around kick @ss boater..

VERY passionate about these boats,as he will be missed by many.

I'll miss talking to him on the phone about electric trucks, and the thrills of Rc.

The guy was a true Pirate who knows more about boats than meets the eye.

The man knew how to make a mono run hard..

RIP Captn Ron.

I'll be running sun up to sun down today in his memory..

Hopefully a SAWS down there can be dedicated to him. Much respect to his family and all loved ones..

Just to mention, Ron made the fastest pass ever performed in a mono on nimh.

The man had some BLISTERING runs that were tough to catch even with lipo

Just to mention, Ron made the fastest pass ever performed in a mono on nimh.The man had some BLISTERING runs that were tough to catch even with lipo.

Hopefully a SAWS down there can be dedicated to him.

I'm sure Glen Q will chime in Wilmer, but I heard thats already in the works and deservedly so IMHO.

Andy

Just to mention, Ron made the fastest pass ever performed in a mono on nimh.The man had some BLISTERING runs that were tough to catch even with lipo.

I'm sure Glen Q will chime in Wilmer, but I heard thats already in the works and deservedly so IMHO.

Andy

That's right...the Name of our Valdosta SAW's has been changed to the "Capt Ron Memorial SAWs"

Glenn

Ron never rubbed anyone the wrong way. He was the way he was, and that was who he was all about. God, I hope he's in a better place. God Bless Him.

Andy

That's right...the Name of our Valdosta SAW's has been changed to the "Capt Ron Memorial SAWs"

Glenn
He'd ***** and moan about it right till the last bit of smoke cleared from his speedo Glenn, :p

But you know he's always gonna be a part of what we do and I for one can't think of a better way to remember him.

Very Cool......

Maybe a trip by Grassy Lake and tip a cold one on the way back from the SAWS could also become a tradition. ;)

As well as tossing burnt speedo's in a dedicated place at Blue Lake B)

Andy

Latest posts

Back