Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle927

Can anyone tell me who design the roadrunner hull I am doing a PowerPoint project and need to give the right person or persons credit. Thanks for the help

Hi

I know that Larry Beals had at lot to do with the Roadrunner but there was also someone else involved. I am sorry I can't tell you who it was.

Olly

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

Bobby Caudill (spelling) basically copied one of Don Pinckert's boats.

I had a few of them both back in the day.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I ordered a 45 Roadrunner from Bobby in the early 1990's, After four months or so of waiting for the boat, I canceled the order, and focused on Line Dancing. LOL

Based on Don Pinckerts designs and through racing ,Cal Lange and Larry Beals collaborated with Bobby Caudill (excellent wood worker )and tweaked a few things such as AOA , driveline angle, sponson size , motor mount configuration etc to come up with the Roadrunner boat . Ralph Almirola then started to build with Bobby and eventually bought the fixtures , jigs patterns etc and has continued to change the designs over the years . The original .45 size Roadrunner is still racing and owned by Biker Frank from Sarasota. My Twin 80 boat (Extreme 80 ) is my favorite boat of all time .These are excellent boats and run very well and they survive racing crashes very well . It's a winner . :)

What Tom said is spot on. John Finch did a write up for Boat Modeler and he may have saved it and if you contact him you might get what your looking for. You could contact me and I will give you what info I know. Hey Fletch the ironic thing is Bobby quit building boats and started line dancing, then went Ballroom dancing. We've come along way since then.

Ralph Almirola

What Tom said is spot on. John Finch did a write up for Boat Modeler and he may have saved it and if you contact him you might get what your looking for. You could contact me and I will give you what info I know. Hey Fletch the ironic thing is Bobby quit building boats and started line dancing, then went Ballroom dancing. We've come along way since then.

Ralph Almirola

Bobby Caudill Line Dancing and Ballroom Dancing? This I would have paid to see LOL!

I had no idea about line dancing, I made that up, just trying to be funny...

Wait till he does the story on Maglinger that Quit boating & became ROD STEWART!! instantly :lol: :blink:

Roadrunner hydros were a big part of hydro racing in district 6, back in the day, when the class was very popular. The Roadrunner was a true 90% built kit, that allowed even a novice boater, to get on the water with an easy to finish kit, and have a competitive machine. I had my 1st one in the early 90s, a .21 standard. Thanks to Ralph A. for still building a great boat kit. Richard D

Back