Question for old boaters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Gallianno Jr

Being an old boater, I am looking for plans for two old out of production hulls, First is the Wildfire originally designed by Octura but not offered in kit. Prefer 40 size but I can scale it. Second is a White Heat 30, also from Octura, a 30" boat but I can scale from any size plans. Please let me know if you have or have a line on either of these plans. Thanks a bunch, Martin

Mechanics illustrated had an article on the white heat back around 1966 1977 with plans in it if I recall. Getting older every day.

John
https://books.google.com/books?id=mtwDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA102&lpg=PA102&dq=Popular+Mechanics+R/c+Boats&source=bl&ots=UDWLB78ZIq&sig=W8xh3Ddj44JIeaIr7rv_HrqRyIY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ydkWVYWIC8XfsATbmYL4Cg&ved=0CD8Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=Popular%20Mechanics%20R%2Fc%20Boats&f=falseJust scroll down till you find it.
default_cool.png

I have an almost pristine model built from these plans!! Still has the O&R engine, etc!!

GQ

**** when retirement is in the veiw you bring that out to make us all feel Old Again!!! That puppy was built before there was epoxy??

Later!!

Pat

Not sure if epoxy was around back in those days!! A family friend built it from the Popular Mechanic plans back in 1960 or so. It is really neat! And it's pretty much ready to run!!!

GQ

Latest posts

Back