Quad Cities Classic 2011

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil... bring it!.... the little round "Bud" got your name on it....... well.... maybe on the transom.... lol..... wait up for me will ya?..... It will be a nice day to race.... east bound and down.... Iowa boys race team..... Mike

Just got done super tuning the PT SS 21. Might hit 40 mph. Phil, just at least leave me some room when you lap me would yah???

Hey we had a nice day racing even though the light winds blowing across the longest part of the lake made for some choppy waters for the smaller boats. The temperatures were in the 70 degree range, lots better than that hot weather last week.

We ran six classes for three rounds of racing. Open water till 11am and we had our heats done by 4pm.

Iowa sent the whole racing team to compete, only a couple slackers stayed home. Nice guys and some good fast boats.

B SPORT TUNNEL 5 BOATS

1 RICH BLATTNER

2 MARTY SLATER

3 RYAN GRAY

The sport tunnels raced in some calm and some wind, never knew what the course would look like round to round.

B MOD TUNNEL 6 BOATS

1 ERIC ENDEBART

2 MIKE LARSON

3 RYAN GRAY

Racing all six every heat got interesting, one heat, had 5 dead in the right turn, tough to make that last lap thru the parking lot.

SPORT 20 HYDRO 3 BOATS

1 PHIL THOMAS

2 MIKE LARSON

3 RODNEY PIERCE

Sport 20 racing was tight for all laps, we couldnt really go too fast cause of the water conditions which made for close racing.

Mike raced his nice Cotton roundnose and rodney had a SSP21 I raced my Stealth 21.

B HYDRO 3 BOATS

1 MIKE LARSON

2 BUTCH LONGRIGAN

3 ADAM MEYER

B hydro had thre JAE racing. Mike came out wiht a perfect score 1200

D TUNNEL 3 BOATS

1 RICH BLATTNER

2 MARTY SLATER

3 ERIC ENDEBART

OPEN 4 BOATS

1 PHIL THOMAS

2 RICH BLATTNER

3 ERIC MEYER

Open class was a mix of boats, E mono for me and a gas cat and a gas tunnel

Bad luck for Mark Voorhies he lost his big mono first heat, sunk after it died out by number 4 bouy. We think it had a full tank of fuel and the flotaion wasnt enough to keep it from sinking.

He never had it quit with a full tank of fuel before. The pond isnt too deep and they will find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos out....QC club... Mark and Pete had it goin' on.... the Cotton hull is a work in progress, Phil, but I'm gaining on it..... spt 20 did rock for racin'.... and well, i made it through 4 of 5, in the parking lot at idle with the tunnel.... dont wanna turn without propulsion...... I should have listened and cut all 3 bouys for the win... hurricane trim next week..... thanks for pittin for me, Phil, and attending...... worth the trip..... had alot of fun, learned what I wanted to, and wire 'em tight for the next one. Now.... where to go?..... In other news: Mark found it. good luck at Evansville..... mike

Back