Pro's and Con's in a two Fuel tank set ups

• Thread starter Douglas P Shepherd
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps this helps. Obviously the hopper would be considerably smaller.

I believe what's being discussed is to add a second line between tank 1 and tank 2.

gallery_2096_96_8054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the visual aids Joe. Lets make sure Im clear. Center line on both tanks is the extra vent that is a pickup in both tanks correct?? The left tank is the carb feed the right has pipe psi- and the rest is business as usual ?? If thats the case its clear as mud to me now - LOL
Thanks Joe , Andy
After loking at the pic a little more. I am also not clear as what line does what? I see the input pressure line and the fuel out. But the two center lines I am not clear on? Are they both fuel delivery lines to the last tank. Or is one vent line going to the top of the tank and the other a fuel delivery line? Thanks Doug
They are both fuel delivery lines. In essence what it's doing is doubling the fuel line size. Less restriction means less change in the needle.

Thanks for the visual aids Joe. Lets make sure Im clear. Center line on both tanks is the extra vent that is a pickup in both tanks correct?? The left tank is the carb feed the right has pipe psi- and the rest is business as usual ?? If thats the case its clear as mud to me now - LOL
Thanks Joe , Andy
After loking at the pic a little more. I am also not clear as what line does what? I see the input pressure line and the fuel out. But the two center lines I am not clear on? Are they both fuel delivery lines to the last tank. Or is one vent line going to the top of the tank and the other a fuel delivery line? Thanks Doug
They are both fuel delivery lines. In essence what it's doing is doubling the fuel line size. Less restriction means less change in the needle.
O.K this is exactly what I thought you was saying Joe. This the way I was also told to do it from another tank builder. He said that you would not see any differance from start to finish in mixture. He also stated that you could use a 1 to 2 oz sump tank after the last tank and the engine. This would also help the system work better. Give use some more Posts on this. This is great! Doug

Back