• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Props-4-U Inventory Reduction Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cliff, I have not called Mark a crook or a liar.....yet. I called him a flake. There's a difference. One is intentionally defrauding and/or damaging someone, the other is just scatter-brained and doesn't know any better. Maybe he has supplied over 7,000 props. I've never seen one that I know of.

I think I have been clear and concise on my displeasure and backed-up my arguments with facts. Cash up front so I did not look like a chump, then a month later "I'm doing them this week", then nearly a month later, nothing. Not even a "Sorry Bill, I had XXXX problem, I'll make good on my promise." Jeeze, I gave the guy more time than your mortgage company would give you. How many months should I give a TOTAL STRANGER? I don't know this guy from Adam, nor do I know any of these anonymous names telling how great he is. All I can react to is how I have been treated. He will no doubt continue to demonstrate to me what kind of person he is.

Let's just let this go. I don't care any more, this is more of a headache than the crummy buck-thirty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a name?

Bill Knoll

I got the "Dr. Jet" moniker when I was President of the Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego. I don't hide behind the Jet name, I wear it as a badge of honor.

Bill, I am originally from San Diego and spent many a day at Torre Pines flying sail planes as well as many more days running boats at the boat pond. I was just wondering if I knew you from days past. In the mid 80's I worked at West Coast Hobbies and knew most of the hobbist in the area. I was not implying that you were hiding. I hope this all works out in the end. I can understand your frustration but I think you will get your props. Hope this does not sour you in dealing with other board members.

Robert Holland

I have many props from Mark and some get to me fast and some get to me slow,
What is your definition of "slow"?

My definition for slow would be about 2 months, fast would be 2 weeks.

Robert Holland

I spent a lot of money in Westcoast Hobbies when Roman owned it. I have thousands of hours flying slope at Torrey. I started back in the '70s. Names like Neu, Mangenelli, Nelson, Richardson, Banks, Edberg, Fogel and others come to mind. Last season, I was flying a full-sized Blanik at Torrey and had a mid-air collision with a state-of-the-art 2-Meter slope racer. A 6-servo hollow-molded carbon fiber ship went into the Pacific Ocean and did nearly $8,000 damage to the Blanik. Unfortunately for some, I landed without incident.

No, one bad deal doesn't spoil things. There are "unfortunate" people everywhere. It just chaps my a$$ when I get involved with one. It's probably not his fault, but that doesn't change the situation. I had another deal that went south with another vendor that is on several sites. We're both still here and both still civil to each other. I'll never buy anything from him again. I'm certain he knows it.

So now let's see what Mark does...........

I spent a lot of money in Westcoast Hobbies when Roman owned it. I have thousands of hours flying slope at Torrey. I started back in the '70s. Names like Neu, Mangenelli, Nelson, Richardson, Banks, Edberg, Fogel and others come to mind. Last season, I was flying a full-sized Blanik at Torrey and had a mid-air collision with a state-of-the-art 2-Meter slope racer. A 6-servo hollow-molded carbon fiber ship went into the Pacific Ocean and did nearly $8,000 damage to the Blanik. Unfortunately for some, I landed without incident.
No, one bad deal doesn't spoil things. There are "unfortunate" people everywhere. It just chaps my a$$ when I get involved with one. It's probably not his fault, but that doesn't change the situation. I had another deal that went south with another vendor that is on several sites. We're both still here and both still civil to each other. I'll never buy anything from him again. I'm certain he knows it.

So now let's see what Mark does...........
I knew Steve Neu( I think is was Steve) and some of the others. Roman was a good friend of my Dads and he gave me my first job there. I worked for John for a couple of years after Roman sold it to him. It was the best place in the world to work as a teenager. I live in Colorado now and rarely fly anymore. Mostly just race boats.

We are hosting the NAMBA Nitro and Gas Nationals this year. Come on up if you get the chance. Do you run Nitro , Gas or Electric boats.

For those of you that ever get the chance to visit San Diego, take the time out to find Torrey Pines and spend a couple of hours just relaxing there and watching the sail planes cruise on by.

See you at the pond. Glad you were okay and watch out for those slope racers.

Robert Holland

John is still running the shop under the name Discount Hobbies.

I'm strictly an electric powered guy. I never got into internal combustion power for aircraft or boats. Go to my gallery and I'll post a photo of me at Torrey the day of the Blanik incident.

Bill,

Your order is on the way today Priority Mail Service. I have been out of town

on training for the last month. I will not be able to continue the business.

I will be getting everyones orders out that I have here

and closing my doors for awhile.

Thanks For Your Patience,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Mark. I hope there are no hard feelings.

:)

Bill,

You certainly don't know me at all. I don't like the slow service either,

that is why I have decided to close down for awhile. I got in the business

because I didn't want to wait two months for propellers,now I do not have

the time to do 1000 + propellers a year anymore. Service is what it is all about,

and I can no longer provide that for many of my good customers. Closing down

until I can devote more time to the business is the best thing for me to do right now.

Thanks For The Order,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

Thanks for that. It tells me a lot about you. When you do go back in business (employees? machine shop? oursourcing to India?), I would still buy props from you.

-B

Bill.... remember me? (stoker from Rum Runner?) I bought the Graupner rigger.

Before reading through the post and getting to the end, my first thoughts were that I would refund the money on Marks behalf. Thats how much I trust and respect him. Also, having done business with you as well, I have no doubts about your professional practices.

Make a long story short, glad it got settled. Trust what folks are saying.

Jamie

Bill.... remember me? (stoker from Rum Runner?) I bought the Graupner rigger.
Yes I do. I heard you sold it to someone else who painted it and changed it all around. I sure liked that little boat, I hope you got some fun out of it too.

Make a long story short, glad it got settled. Trust what folks are saying. Jamie
Maybe I'm just getting too cynical in my old age. Based on what Mark has written, I have no doubts he is a decent guy like everybody has said. I may have been too hard on the guy.

-B

Bill,
You certainly don't know me at all. I don't like the slow service either,

that is why I have decided to close down for awhile. I got in the business

because I didn't want to wait two months for propellers,now I do not have

the time to do 1000 + propellers a year anymore. Service is what it is all about,

and I can no longer provide that for many of my good customers. Closing down

until I can devote more time to the business is the best thing for me to do right now.

Thanks For The Order,

Mark Sholund

mark,

would you consider still selling raw props?

chris

Chris,

I still have plenty of propellers in stock,and I will be selling them like always

raw or finished. Because of my job right now, I will get my back orders out

first, until I accept any more new work.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Just a little update: Mark has shipped some of the props I ordered, thank you very much, and is waiting for Octura to supply an odd-ball prop to complete my order.

Mark did a good job, and I am satisfied. Thanks!

Hey Mark can you pm me with the progress of my props and plugs Please.

Thanks,

Cliff

I think Mark may need an X430R to complete my order (still waiting on the remainder of my order). Anybody have a raw one they can send him?

Bill,

Your twin set is done and in the mail today.

Cliff,

Working on your order now,it will ship out tomorrow for sure.

Thanks For Your Patience Fellas,

Mark Sholund

I know your busy Mark and I thank you for rushing my order out, but did you ever remember the conversation about the mccoy9 plugs that I refered to. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks again,

Cliff

Mark,

The counter-rotating prop set arrived today. Thanks much. I hope I wasn't too hard on you. I appreciate the nice work.

Just FYI, they are going on a "chopped", twin-motored BBY Micro Scat Cat. I'm using the Santee Spec ultra-cheap Chinese outrunners and a 2500 mah LiPo. It should be a hoot.

Back