prop stryker cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JUICE

I tried ABC h50 cupped to 6 pitch got 50 mph. Tried Octura 480 cut to 3 in and cupped to 5 and got 57 mph. Any tips for getting into 60s

Yah i got a tip find a new prop guy who know's what he's doing :p duratrax dog.55mph next week htb with rossi baby :eek:

what engine do you have? 260 PUM?

I think the H-50 is too much and does not allow you engine to fully rev, try an MW-3 or G-20. They're pitch is smaller but allow the engine to rev more. first sharpen and balance, you can always add cup later.

Julius

yea what engine are you running?

A friend of mines got a stryker and he runs a prop shop 7015 and loves it.

a H-50 may need to be bar cut. depending on engine you have.

I just ran a MW-3 on my mono today with a 260 STOCK engine and got 52, ran it all day long.

I have a modded g20 at 70mm at 5.05 pitch.

let me know and will bring that one to toledo./

I used to run the same boat/engine combo. My best prop was a propworks 7020 three-blade. Speed was between 62 and 65 mph.

Bob Kensill

You should be getting WAY Over 60 with the 35 QD, A friend has the 231 and runs 51.

I would go with a MW-3, its a good prop,

Go to RC boat props sight, (propshop) and he does a prop (H-50) for a QD 35.

he has gotten that stryker props down as he ran/runs one with a QD.

35 cc quickdraw does not have to be a lot faster then a 25 cc quickdraw as the 25 cc is much llighter. I'd say again you need to get a prop with less pitch and lift. propshop 7018 or may be 7020. As these are quite expensive try a G-20 first. I'm running 55-60 mph depending on set-up with a G-20 on a 25 cc QD. Make of boat is different so you can not compare completely (PPB supercat). Still high 50 must be easy to get.

Julius

I will bring the modded G20 to toledo and you can give it a shot.

It worked well with my full mod 230 on a mono.

worked well on a 50 inch cat with a full mod 230.

may work on QD. I just thought the 35 had so much more power. I Know there power band is limited and not a wide band, just thought more hp and it would be too small of a prop.

Thanks for all the info.I'm looking forward to you guys from K-ZOO coming to T-TOWN on the 18th. Pray for calm seas!!!!

Hey JUICE,

You really need to check your CG, a H-50 should do fine if your boat is trimmed to run properly, cupped is good to remove lift but if it is too high it will slip alot, or too low it will grab too much and not want to get "on the pipe", that engine should be I think 14" from transom measured at the rear or the engine case, CG about even with the spark plug, positive trim angle of the shaft to get good ride attitude witout blowing over. ;D

Back