Prop sharpness

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do they need to be hardened to get that sharp? what is your process for sharpening?

no you don't need to harden them.. hardening helps hold blade shape but they still turn dull. you can use files.. and sandpaper.. that is the way I did it.. old school.. I have tried belt sanders.. a company called E.C. MOORE makes dental discs ( google them ) they work pretty well. I always say if you can't shave with them.. it ain't sharp enough.. remember a dull blade is more drag, more rotational resistance, and cause the boat to pull and or be darty sometimes

no you don't need to harden them.. hardening helps hold blade shape but they still turn dull. you can use files.. and sandpaper.. that is the way I did it.. old school.. I have tried belt sanders.. a company called E.C. MOORE makes dental discs ( google them ) they work pretty well. I always say if you can't shave with them.. it ain't sharp enough.. remember a dull blade is more drag, more rotational resistance, and cause the boat to pull and or be darty sometimes
Also if they are not sharp in the tongue area, they will lift the rear of the boat and propwalk.

Back