prop question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike stover

Can someone explain how to know what props are lifting props?

For example, need lifting prop for sport 40, but its all just a bunch of numbers.

I have a prop guide but it doesnt list properties (lifting, etc.).

Thanks, Mike

Can someone explain how to know what props are lifting props?For example, need lifting prop for sport 40, but its all just a bunch of numbers.

I have a prop guide but it doesnt list properties (lifting, etc.).

Thanks, Mike
Mike,

Happy New Year. The second post has a list that is helpful. http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showto...186&hl=free

Enjoy,,

Zach
Thanks Zach, very helpful!!!

Happy New Year to you, And all members of IW

Mike

Mike,

A 1452 or a 1455 would be a great place to get started.

Have Fun, But Be Careful,

Mark Sholund

It appears that you have a Whiplash and that you are relatively new. Ask Brain Blazer ( he may chime in ).

The 1400 series props may be good for that hull, but the X series props are more user friendly. I would start with an X450.

If you are using 40% nitro or less, the X447 or X448 might be a good choice.

The 1400 props have more lift than the X props, but they are more critical to set up on some boats and often, but not always, need cupping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best X448 or X548 for your good O.S.46 great stable another most popular X450/3 or X450 and Prather P-235 for Sport40 Good Luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that you have a Whiplash and that you are relatively new. Ask Brain Blazer ( he may chime in ).
The 1400 series props may be good for that hull, but the X series props are more user friendly. I would start with an X450.

The 1400 props have more lift than the X props, but they are more critical to set up on some boats and often, but not always, need cupping.
Andy,

I have already talked to Brian Blazer, he is who told me to get a lifting prop. I guess what i left out of my question is that my whiplash has a front mount tank, with mid radio box, Brian said for that setup i would need to use a lifting prop to help prevent blow-over when fuel gets low. Thank you for your input, and any other suggestions you may have now that you know the whole story. I am trying to find a way to make it handle well without having to do major reconstructive surgery. I havent even run the boat yet, but have been told it gets very nose light when fuel gets low. Any other ideas?

Mike

Andy,

I have already talked to Brian Blazer, he is who told me to get a lifting prop. I guess what i left out of my question is that my whiplash has a front mount tank, with mid radio box, Brian said for that setup i would need to use a lifting prop to help prevent blow-over when fuel gets low. Thank you for your input, and any other suggestions you may have now that you know the whole story. I am trying to find a way to make it handle well without having to do major reconstructive surgery. I havent even run the boat yet, but have been told it gets very nose light when fuel gets low. Any other ideas?

Mike
I would still start with the X prop since you have not run the boat yet. Just add more shaft angle to get the required lift.

The X props are plentiful in size ranges and you can find used ones to try. This will give you a good idea where to start when looking for a higher lifting 1400 prop.....which may need to be tweeked.

Latest posts

Back