Prop material

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about aluminum oxynitride?http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123012131

Check out this link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my god..... remember that star trek movie when they went back in time to get a whale to save the world? Scotty had to get some glass to hold the wale but had no money..... so he showed the guy how to make transparent aluminum to pay for it..... and now it's a reality. amazing what hollywood can predict!
Well, they do say they use NASA engineers for most of the STAR TREK theories.

How about aluminum oxynitride?http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123012131

Check out this link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my god..... remember that star trek movie when they went back in time to get a whale to save the world? Scotty had to get some glass to hold the wale but had no money..... so he showed the guy how to make transparent aluminum to pay for it..... and now it's a reality. amazing what hollywood can predict!
Well, they do say they use NASA engineers for most of the STAR TREK theories.
Here's a shot of an entire boat made of the stuff!

It looks like Joe found the stuff, that would really cut the $#!+ out of your fingers!

Ian, do you mean a CoCr Racing Cobalt Chrome Propellor????

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Russ was serious when asking this question wouldn't you like to have another Prop choice out of a different material? Try to help him out with some serious suggestions.

I believe Russ was serious when asking this question wouldn't you like to have another Prop choice out of a different material? Try to help him out with some serious suggestions.
Thanks for all the ideas!

Had a few PM's with good suggestions to go to the University Of IL Mech. Eng. Department and let them do a project for researching materials to see what is the best for manufacturing and boat modeling. You never know what might come up B)

Thanks again!

Rw

I was very serious regarding Cobalt chrome. Chrominum is one of the metals used to make steel "stainless".

It is also a very hard metal that can be sharpened more than most with durability greater than much thicker props. It will not rust AT ALL because it has a passive invisible oxide layer. If you have any questions regarding the metal or would like to try a prop then just send me a PM.

Peter

Back