Prop Guage Advice?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClayGlover

Clay,

I built one with a dial gauge, and had trouble getting the same readings as the props I was buying already pitched. I bought a old Hugley from ebay it reads in degrees. Now I get the same readings from the gauge as the props were supposed to be that I bought already pitched. I think the prop gauges that read degrees like Grimracing has is the same type Andy Brown uses, as well as others.( I found a picture of Andy using one of those). I think it helps to use the same equipment. I really like the new one from Grimracing.

-MikeP

THE ONE THAT GRIMRACER SELLS IS BROKEN DOWN TO HALF A DEGREE.. IT ALSO HAS A BUILT IN STEP GUAGE THAT ROTATES FROM 1/16 STEP TO 1/4.. NO NEED TO HAVE THEM GOOFY STEP GUAGES THAT COME WITH THE HUGHY GUAGE. AND IT COMES WITH A CHART TELL YOU WHAT THE DEGREE IS

BEST ONE OUT THERE IN MY OPINON..

CHRIS ;D

I NEED TO CORRECT MYSELF.. IT IS BROKEN DOWN TO A 1/4 DEGREE INCERMENTS... IT ALSO HAS A NICE MAGNIFYER TO EASILY READ THE NUMBERS AND IS VERY SMOOTH TO OPERATE...

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS..

I sell them as well, similer to the rossi ones, i can sell it for $160au or about $95usd,

Dale

How do the prop gauges work without a dail indicator for measuring pitch changes.The only one I can make sense of is the rossi unit, am I missing something.

Mike

Clay

I wish I had an easy answer for you here but the best I can say is that there is a difference. First with out question they all work well. However the unit we sell is top quality. The adjustments are easy to do and it comes with the charts that convert to cup.

The just of the thing is that with the fulcrum arm being 5" long it is easy to be right on the money with your rework. It’s like having a big knob to tune your home stereo compared to a small knob. Also the magnified sight is a great help. We use this gauge to cup our 1440 we sell and it is easy to get them to 3.3 cup time after time, blade after blade.

Mike

The prop gauge that we sell converts to cup. The charts take and convert the degrees (engraved on the tool) to cup.. easy

Grim

OK, I think I understand now. Is this correct ?, Your are using the known measured increments of the stepped spacer and then measuring the degrees it takes to reach the next position on the prop with the next step, therefore you know the height distance change and the degrees moved so now you can work out the pitch.

Mike

My pitch gauge is similar to the one that Grim sells. If you are at the Lake on new years I can show you how it works, but sounds like you have it figured out.

The Pitch Gauge that Andy uses is not the one that Grim sells it works much the same just not as pretty. Nice product Grim!

Mark

Mark who made andy's pitch gauge and how different does it work from grim's?

p.s

recieved your mail thanks mike

Tom

Andy told me that his was made by a friend, heck for that matter it may have been Grim he did not say. It is functionally the same thing, just Grims has more bells and whistles.

Mark

I have both the one that Speedmaster sells and the Hugley . I thought I liked the ART that Bills sell until I got the Hugley this is much nicer and packs in pit box easyer. Scott

Mark, Tom and Mike

The gauge that we sell is made by the same guy that made Andys tool. It is the same tool just refined.

The guy that makes the thing for me is a master machinest and this tool is TOP QUALITY..BAR NONE Im proud to be able to offer it to the racers. Thanks for the nice comment Mark.

If you look on my website it says that the "tool has made props for top racers and now you can own one too"... Did not know if i should use Andys name on the add. However the statement is true! lol

Grim

;D OK! OK! hehe... I'll take one Grim! hey, by the way, that custom tank you made for me is sweet! Thanks dude- Clay

Glay

Got ya on the pitch gauge and the wheels have been set in motion to complete this task. I will e-mail you from the model shop with all the gorry details. ;)

Thanks for the good words on the FUEL CELL. Happy to build you one and im glad you like it.

ROCK-ON

Grim ;D

Back