project shovelnose from pay n pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2bright

im taking a dumas sport 20 pay n pak and building up a shovelnose for the front. i took all the decking off of the boat and am cuting up a new piece for the front. next i will put balsa runners up the front to modify the angle of the bottom so when it meets the front it slowly sweeps back. this is my fourth boat and is the first time i will have done anything like this please give me any advise you can

thanks

Joel Hanson

Well Joel, I guess it is to eaches own, but I love the way the Pay'n Pak looks the way it is. Do you mind if I ask, why do you want to change it to a shovel nose?

No offense to your project, and I am really interested in seeing what it turns out to be. I hope you understand, but I just don't understand the pluses envolve by making such a drastic change.

Hammer

If you wanted a shovel nose, why didn't you get a Dragon Fly? Grimracer has a nice cowling to update this hull to a modern hydro but I have a spot in my heart for the shovels too. Curious to see how it does turn out though.

i love shovelnoses they are so cool the way they look i have always loved them. a guy in our club gave me the pay n pak and it needed alot!!!! of work and it looked as though it would be worth my time to work on something that i really wanted. i heard the only shovelnose sport 20 boats that you can buy are fiberglass and i dont really have that kind of money for a boat. adding the shovel on the front wont be too hard... i think ??? :)

Back