Proboat Shockwave 55

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

I am considering the Proboat Shockwave 55. I like the sort of scale appearance and the included Zenoah.

Has anyone run one before? How does it handle? Not planning on racing. Just run for fun in the river that can get choppy.

Thanks.

Kez

I have one and I like it. Lots of fun to play with. Been running it for almost a year now and have only had to replace one clutch spring that broke the second day I ran it.

I hace replaced the rudders with my own version but there are some replacement rudders for it from Aeromarine I think. The stock ones work but they are very brittle and break easily. I will try to post some pics.

I have one and I like it. Lots of fun to play with. Been running it for almost a year now and have only had to replace one clutch spring that broke the second day I ran it.I hace replaced the rudders with my own version but there are some replacement rudders for it from Aeromarine I think. The stock ones work but they are very brittle and break easily. I will try to post some pics.
Thanks for your reply. Is the claimed speed of 40mph real? How is the workmanship of the glass work? Was the color painted or gel-coat?

Thanks,

Kez

With the boat trimmed right, I was getting 45mph with my Garmin GPS. But that was in good water. I had to lower my trim tabs to run in rough water and that will slow you some. So the 40mph is very real. The glass work is good, it could have stood to be a little thicker, but I haven't had any problems. The white and orange/red is gel-coat and the other stuff is just stuck-on graphics.

A few pics

2835106040046926599S600x600Q85.jpg

2471871260046926599S600x600Q85.jpg

2491448460046926599S600x600Q85.jpg

Back