Problem with eagle sg 90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale Oldini

Hi this is my first post in this community! My name is Alessandro and I write from Italy, so excuse me for my bad english.

I have a problem with my eagle sg 90: I destroyed one sponson and the booms and now I have a lot of doubts about the distance between the sponsons and the center hull, can you take a look at the attached pic and maybe tell me which are the correct measures? (A, B, C and D)

Thanks in advance

Alessandro

The tub centers in between the two sponsons. The sponsons run parralel to the tub and each other. So B=C and A=D Unfortunatly I have the 90 SGX torn down and pack for nats. Maybe some one can give you a rough idea on the distance from the tub or center of the tub.

Mike

Hy Ale Welcome to this forum!

SG riggers don't have offset sponsons i.,e. both sides at the same distance.As your boat is a previous version SG you can place them at 6 1/2 " with no problem to improve handling...Front set up at 3 degrees and strut starting at 1.0 degree.

1667 cup 5,6 to 6,0 will work for this class.

Gill.

Thanks Mike and Gil for the fast reply!!!

Gil, I have a doubt: 6 1/2" is the stock placement or not?

What does "front set up at 3 degrees" means?

Thanks

Ale

Yes Ale 6 1/2 is the measurement I have on my SG(one rear sponson design).

Set the front sponsons at 3 degrees means the attack angle of the sponson's botton is 3 degrees.

Using a digital level you can find all these figures easily.

Gill

Hi guys, I checked the measures on my boat and I realize that I made a mistake....

the original distance from the center hull to the sponson was 8,50" (I'm sure at 99%) but when I putted the new sponsons I made something wrong and now the distance is 8.30" (see the attached pic)

In your opinion the wrong distance may affect the handling (or the speed) of the boat? Have I to re-drill the booms?

My sg have two rear sponsons.

Regards

Ale

Hi Ale

I only fix my sponsons using the outside of the tub as reference and not the center of the hub as you showed up. From the outside of the tub to the inside of your sponson keep 6 1/2".The way you fixed yours made the boat narrow and probably will affect your stability.

I'm not sure how are your new sponsons but try to keep the 6 1/2 " figure.

Gill

Gil, thanks for the info. I'll try with 6.5", but on which tubes? the front or the rear? the tub has different width in correspondence of the two tubes...

Ale

Back