Pro boat circus circus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pictures of the hull would help alot
If its the one listed on RC Groups, the rear shoes make it illegal.
Could be remedied to make legal.
I would look closely at the pickle fork portion in the rule book

Florida scale boater is right, sportsmen hydros are a three point design. The sportsmen hydro rules and specs are listed in special classes section in IMPBA rule book

They also mention the sizes for the front wings between your sponsons.

A lot of electric boats built by pro boat and traxas are made of thinner materials and may not in the long run withstand the vibration that nitro motors deliver. You would have to put different engine mounting rails in for sure.

I googled pictures of that boat and if it’s the one I saw, it’s a very nice looking boat and I would have a hard time cutting and redesigning a pretty boat like that.

Those boats are what they are and there is no guarantee the boat will preform well if you Just modify the rear end to make it legal, and in the long run you might regret not having the boat that it is. Something you can sell or trade or enjoy. If you modify it and it doesn’t work out you’ll have nothing. There are a lot of kits and plans for scratch building these days and would be more worth your time.

This boat came with an .18 in it. I inst a .21. It's sold as a ready to run. They make 2 a circus circus and a miss Budwiser. Received it as a door prize at a race some years ago. Don't Wana raise any feathers if I run it in sport 20. It's ALOT of fun with a .21 in it

Here is a proboat hull I ran years ago. Outfitted with a OPS 21 with a nice pipe on it. Ran mid 50s. Had some nice Props-4-U jewelry on the back. It would carry the whole hull, down the straightaway, in the air, fast like a bullet. But could not settle it down enough to carve a good corner. Not very good in race water. I eventually gave up on the project.

1648141109772.png

I think that's it. Mine ran the same way.. nothing in the water but prop. Fixed that with a little neg in strut, a lifting 14 series prop sheeted bottom and inside edge of front sponsons.(bite in turn) there upgrade turn fin and a good mini ruder.

It's an aqucraft miss vegas. Not proboat
I have a K&b 21 in my miss vegas deuce and it's a blast last year we had gps it at 45 mph. any faster and it would blow over and rip the lid off. I wish I had the regular vegas. I almost want to do surgery and cut the sponsons down to get less air under it. But it is fun the way it is too. just on the edge.

Attachments

• 20210715_034706.jpg
    20210715_034706.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210715_042958.jpg
    20210715_042958.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210715_044022.jpg
    20210715_044022.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 7
I have a K&b 21 in my miss vegas deuce and it's a blast last year we had gps it at 45 mph. any faster and it would blow over and rip the lid off. I wish I had the regular vegas. I almost want to do surgery and cut the sponsons down to get less air under it. But it is fun the way it is too. just on the edge.
Keep lowering the strut. With about .5 deg neg.

Latest posts

Back