• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*Price Reduced* Gas SAW Rigger for Sale Ready for your engine and radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Guys,

I have decided to sell the gas SAW rigger I built. I have too many other SAW boats that I run on a SAW weekend so this one is being sold.

The hull was designed in SolidWorks based off other successful hulls like CMDi with a more tapered tail and nose for lower drag. The design was laser cut, assembled and strengthened with carbon in the motor section. It includes the CMDi rudder and Grim Reaper strut with full ball bearings. The tub accepts a standard Hypertorque style engine mount so most G1, GX-1, G2 motors will fit. I check it with a QD 25 and a Zenoah. A stainless Walt Barney tank is also included. The drive system is set-up for square drive and includes a cable/stub shaft/drive dog cut to the right length for a Zenoah or QD 25. It uses a standard size high torque steering servo and requires a low profile throttle servo, specifically a Futaba S9551 or BLS9551.

The booms are simple ½” extruded carbon and easy to replace if broken. The sponsons are a wood over foam design with carbon tubes sleeves to slip over the boom tubes. AoA is adjustable with shims under the booms like most riggers.

I do not have a cowl for the boat, but a CMDi or similar one can easily be trimmed to fit. I only tested the boat once with the QD motor and simple carb cover to check everything worked fine. It was not on a SAW course so I do not have an idea of the speed. However, based on experience with a good motor and SAW prop the hull will run in the 80’s and 90’s. I have similar designs for a nitro hull that runs 115mph and an electric rigger that runs 122mph.

The hull was painted with Klass Kote, but the primer did not adhere very well and hence the paint easily peels off so it will need to be stripped and repainted or if you don’t care the paint will naturally come off. The hull is sealed with West Marine so there is no worry about the wood underneath.

I am asking $425 shipped CONUS and will to ship outside the US for additional cost.

I have included pics with an engine and pipe, however these are not included in the sale.

PM’s are OK for questions, but first to say “I’ll take it” gets priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back