Precision Boats Villian

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precision Boats

Well her she is guys after much time on the bench. She's ready to run got to break that SS in. Let me know what you think.

Tim

PB Racing

Nice, clean set-up you've got there! My only worry is that you didn't use a steering arm and went to the motor lugs to hook up your steering linkage.

Oh, by the way Tim, I've been thinking and, I have decided I will drive it for you. Just call me and I will set up a time for us,

Jeff Torgalski 8)

Tim

WOW.. :eek: For a guy that hasent done much wood kit building,,your hired..

Kickin my u know what with this one....... Great Job.

Gang from this ponit forward i do think we have a new Villain building Master and lets face it his Business name says it all.

CONGRATS... ;) great job.

Grimracer

Tim,

Very nicely done. Last year my Villain looked pretty, too. Then along came the 2002 racing season. A hit in the cowl and a year's worth of abuse took it's toll. Kinda nice to see the photos in the magazine before it was misused and abused by the guy who wrote the review.

I suppose I could alway do an article on refinishing a wood boat.

Jerry D.

Come on Jerry! You know that there is nothing funner than building a wood boat. Smashing them up, just gives you an excuse to build another one ;D

That boat does look sweet. Like how you left so much of the wood work visible. I would do the same, but.....

Hammer

Well all I can say is thats I hope when I get a Villain that it turns out half as good as yours Tim :) Very Nice

Kris

Well took it to the pond today for the first time. Had some problems with fuel filter being dirty. got that cleaned out had a close call with the bank batteries dumped my fought should have charged them. :mad:Changed out a few props an seen 44.3 a time or two all in all the boat ran an handled great. Josh learned alot on driving it. He said that is fast to respond to the throttle. We think when the motor gets broke in an some prop work we can see a couple more mph.

Tim

PB Racing

WOW!! :eek: Super job Tim! Nice hardware, great riggin. I can see many hours of teaddious work there. Can I get a peek under the hood? Dang, that motor looks like a new one. What would you take ferr it? ;D

Alan

No, he won't let you take a look under the hood. I already asked. Ask him at the end of the season, maybe he'll change his mind then.

Guess we just have to come up with some of our own innovations. You know what that all about, w/ your trick little sponson idea....more stuff like that is what we all need to get our gears turning.... ;)

My sponsons are drying on Villain kit #66...and the weather is supposed to be in the 50's all week. I'm gonna go pee my pants, now....

How you gonna GO pee your pants. The way you worded that, it sounds like your not wearing any :eek:Who are you letting look under your hood. ;D

Hammer

Hmmm...funny. You're probably the only person on this forum who looked at it that way. When I said "get our gears turning" that's not exactly what I meant.

Maybe you should buy a Villain to distract yourself from those "thoughts"....

Tim

Your boat is comming along very well. 44.3 is off the pace just a tad. Did you try a X-442? This is also a very fast prop on this hull. You should see 48+ with no problems with this prop. I run a 1440 and 48 is the heat speeds that i run with my stocker.

Here is my stock setup.

1440 prop

60% Byron Fuel the best fuel money can buy (shamless plug)

.011 deck hight

center of prop shaft 3/32" above sponson bottoms

.5 deg neg trim

CG at 30%

Keep us posted

Grim

Thanks Grim you the MAN!! No we did not try a 442 but I will, Our motor is still new I think it will come around some more also,. We got some work to do. Hey have big bryon e-mail me please want to talk to him. ;D

Tim

Latest posts

Back