PPG Paints and Imron Activator V-192

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

For those that shoot 2 stage acrylic enamels, I have recently found that V-192 Imron harder helps the paint flow 100% better and hardens harder than a WOOD PECKERS LIPS. Really improves the over all performance of Cheap Paint. When I say Cheap I`am talking the price of Acrylic paints and Imron paints. If you want Super Flow and Hard Surface it Works!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, have never found anything better. But the Imron hardner in the PPG paints is amazing! Even PPG would be impressed. When you are blasting around the average pond at upper 80s small sticks and crap eat away at average paints and hardners. Imron is Bullet proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see what your saying B) . Its the durability it gives you - makes good sense. What series ppg are you mixing it with?

Last edited:
I can attest to that the V-192 is a better activator than the Universal activator.

Hugh why wouldn't you shoot Imron. Do you think PPG is safer.

Nah I accept his explanation fully. I have a friend who paints and showed me some pretty amazing "friendly paints" that looked great. That didnt speak much to the issue of durability so when Joe said that durability was why, I was sold outright on his reason :) .Ive become a little more interested in painting lately coz its the one thing that after all the hard work makes or breaks a scale or any boat really. Having a durable finish means alot when touching up could be a big hassle. Having it "stay" there after its done makes alot of sense to me.

Nothins safe these days just watch the news!The world is pityful <_< !

Back