Power output

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

How can the engine manuf. get so much power out of our small 2 stroke motors? Is it timing or number of ports or magic? I've been around this hobby since the mid 70's and engines have really improved power wise.

I would love to know, i just received my new OS Speed 21 today and i cant wait to get it in my Deltaforce 21, However i am alittle be dubious of the rpm and power rating, 2.76hp and usable rpm of 45,000, if this is true it gona screem like a banshee.

The various manufacturers have their own ways of measuring horsepower and rpm. So, for you or I to verify and reach their claims is difficult at best if not impossible. A new 21 engine on a test bench might hit 45,000 rpm before it is no longer usable.

I've seen some dynos that the manufacturers are using. Basically they make their own dynos for their own use. They seem to be quite adjustable.

No question but that the newer engines put out more power and rpm than did earlier engines. A lot of that is the result of better designs, better manufacturing equipment, and better materials.

Al Hobbs

How can the engine manuf. get so much power out of our small 2 stroke motors? Is it timing or number of ports or magic? I've been around this hobby since the mid 70's and engines have really improved power wise.
HP = (torque x RPM)/5252. When you rev up to 25-30,000 rpm you can make crazy power numbers. newer motor designs can breathe much better (inlet design, # and size/shape of ports) to let them reach those lofty RPM numbers.

Latest posts

Back