Posts are getting fewer and fewer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billr

Ok guys, the posts are getting slower. What is going on with the outboards in your areas? Here we are all trying to find ways to catch up with the Nova crowd.

Any new experiments on props? Lets keep it going!

Billy R.

Billy!

Waters hard! Nothing going on with me except re-doing my tunnel. New paint, new motor, new pipe. Now I need to wait for spring.

Later!

Ed Radz

Hard Water!!!! It is just thick and cold down south!!! hehehe. We never see iced over lakes, we just gotta run the boats richer than ever.

What do you use for paint and what tunnel do you have?

Billy R.

Hi Billy!

The boat is scratch built by Glen Immekus. Its based on a Dumas tunnel boat. Its stretched about 3 inches with the transom inset and the sponsons are changed. I don't know what he did, he won't tell.

The paint is Dupont Centauri. The decals were put on then clearcoated.

Temperatures this week in the Chicago area have been in the teens during the day and single digit over night. The pond has about a 8 inch layer of ice right now.

Later!

Ed Radz

We did went out last sunday. The lake was frozen over for a great part but we stil raced (we had to ;) ) However I stopped because the throttle line was getting to stif and get a little stuck a few times.

5-1-1.jpg

5-1-2.jpg

5-1-6.jpg

how about that ;D

Now that is dedication!!!!!!! I have run in 30 and above temps, but ****!!!!

Hey, is that Dupont paint good? I need a good paint! The last paint job I did on my HTB went pretty well, but after the clearcoat from TopFlite it would get dirt, grime, and whatever else into it. The only thing that I could get it out with was mineral spirits. I do not think the Topflite clear coat is worth very much!!!!

Billy R.

Oscar!

You guys are hard core! At least you had SOME open water!

Billy!

The Dupont Centauri paint is good stuff. You have to use automotive clearcoat to keep it nitroproof.

Later!

Ed

Can you buy a clearcoat in a spray can that is worth anything? Automotive clearcote here is really expensive... and a shop will charge 100 bucks to clear coat it.

Billy R.

I wish i had some dedicated buddies here in toledo OH i can't even get people to run in the summer. Looked like fun to me.

Billy!

Automotive clearcoat is the only way to go. I don't think you will find anything in a spray can that is tough enough. One of the guys in the club does the paint for us, so we split the cost of the clearcoat.

Later!

Ed Radz

Ok one more then ;)

5-1-4.jpg

Two weeks before this we went out with bfd 11. :eek: We parked the car far from the trees because they were coming down. Ouer little lake was really boiling. When you took your boat to the water you really had to grab it with two hands otherwise it would fly away. On the water itself it would stay on the surface because the waterlevel is beneath the surrounding shore. But you had to keep the bow down of course.

We are with very few in Holland but we are dedicated to what we do :)

In our club we have all kinds of boats though. Lot's of big gas boats, a few electric hulls and of course tunnels. We have 8 of them in our club but the level of performance is pretty low. (including mine I ment) As I said to Brian before when you manage to finish the heats of ouer two races a year you wil likely to be DUTCH CHAMPION!!! :)

But we are progressing as we take our boats to the water every sunday. Until two years ago I did only burn one litre fuel a year because there was no one to race with. The Dutch forum did take a lot of (new) people to the water! So we are a happy club now.

Looking forward to tomorrow. It wil rain all day with bfd 6 but I'm sure about 11 o clock in the morning about 10/15 boats wil hit the water!

Later

Hardcore Boater Oscar ;)

Oscar,

Great pics!!! I ran my rigger last Feb. it was in the teens as far as temp, had to warm the engine with the car heater, run out, toss it in, and hope I did not freeze off any body parts in the process!!!! :eek:

Dont think I will do that this year though ;)

Gene ;D

Hi Gene

thanks. :)

Would be nice to see some more pics of some of the other guy's adventures!

It was about -6 (Celcius) that day but there was not much wind and the sun was shining a bit so it was not that hard, The only thing which frightend us was the thought of a boat getting stuck unretrievable in the ice. But that didn't happen.

Latest posts

Back