PLANS DIRECT OR NOT!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

;D ??? :'(

jERRY,

Or some one who knows, can we get plans from you or do we have to get them from R/C store????

DON'T MEAN NO HARM!!!!!

WB,

I have plans for my WOF34, because it has not be done in RC Boat Modeler.

I'm going to be doing a set of plans for my WOF28/30 hull sometime in the next couple of months.

Because of my working relationship with RCMB, I do not sell plans once they publish one of my designs.

Jerry Dunlap

Jerry,

Thank's for the reply. Which hull do you think would be best for stock or novice 3.5 and possibly mod. later on. Also which would be better for 7.5 stock?? All the info is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!! [ 41 year old beginner with 25 years experiance of stick time,planes]

OPSSS! went back to old postes found answers 3.5 27/28 & 29/30, 7.5 32/34 ! ALL WAYS PAYS TO LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP :p

P.S. Must we run A.B.S. You have instant message Jerry ;D ;D

I'm going to be doing a set of plans for my WOF28/30 hull sometime in the next couple of months.

Because of my working relationship with RCMB, I do not sell plans once they publish one of my designs.

Jerry Dunlap
Jerry,

Is that the 30 inch WOF you are running as a mod 3.5 boat? And if so are you doing the plans for RCBM or just for sale? I would be interested in a set if it is for your current spec mod. boat.

Tim.

Tim,

I will be doing a construction article for the magazine on the WOF28/30, but will sell the plans to anyone interested before the article is published. And, it usually takes 6 - 8 months from the time I submit the material till it's actually published. I guess if "Grim" can push his Villain, Ol' JD can hustle a little stuff.

Jerry

JERRY,

What other plans do you have other than the WOF 34, that we can purchase from you?? I know you will be doing the 28/30's soon!!! Getting ready to get postal money order monday and send it to you!! Please send message. Also who sell's the cmb 21 LS greenhead with conversion?

thanks for your HELP,

P.S How about a WOF FORUM ??? " as if you had time"

Hey waterbug sc.

I have three plans in autoCAD(.dwg) if you want put your mail.

Gattorno.

WB,

Right now, I only have plans for a WOF 34. I think Jim Irwin is still selling C&B Green Heads, but I don't know if they have been converted. [email protected]

A WOF Forum, well, we could really "howl" about the wonders for wood and foam then!!

Jerry

Jerry,

After reading the post about the 'one off' 34 Villian, is the WOF 34 also for the new hot 3.5's? I've got the plans, but haven't started to build yet. I assumed (bad choice) that the WOF 34 would be for a 7.5.. Doah.. That's what I get for not asking...

Mark.

Jerry,

After reading the post about the 'one off' 34 Villian, is the WOF 34 also for the new hot 3.5's? I've got the plans, but haven't started to build yet. I assumed (bad choice) that the WOF 34 would be for a 7.5.. Doah.. That's what I get for not asking...

Mark.

Sorry for the double posting.. :eek: Had a fatal timeout error :p and didn't notice it actually went through.

I asked Jerry this question last week . The WOF 34 was made for a 7.5 mod. But with the newer 3.5 mod engines everyone's running ,it would make a good rough water boat . In my opinion , which is not much,the WOF32 Sprint would be a better choice !

Jerry help me out here !!!!!!!!!!! You know more than I ever will about them !!!! :-[

:- I should have kept my two cents out of it :-X

I think water conditions/and or racing or sport running will dictate the size of a hull.

At our local pond, a breeze from the south makes racing tunnel boats very difficult. Last year I stuck an O.S. Max 21 on a JD WOF 32(Plans in RCBM) and won both 3.5 Stock and Mod classes because I had the only boat that could survive the water conditions. Last week I decided to just go with my regular race boats, Villain S1 for stock 3.5 and JD WOF 30 for mod. BIG MISTAKE!!! I finished 1 of 6 heats. Had I set up the WOF 32, I think I might have done better.

I have sufficient motors and hulls to actually bring two sizes of 3.5 tunnel boats to each event. One for calm water and one for rough water conditions.

I think the JD WOF 34 would make a good rough water 3.5 mod hull. I have a spare one in the shop right now and I'm seriously considering setting it up with a spare mod engine.

The WOF 34 with a 7.5 K&B Pro will handle rough water conditions as well as any of the other 7.5 designs. A good rough water 7.5 hull would be the HTB 360.

Jerry D.

Hi Guy's

OK I'll admit I'm confused - JD you are so prolific I can't keep up with you.

Let's see if I have this right

The WOF 3.5 is 29" for stock and mod

The WOF 28/30" for stock/mod

The WOF 7.5 is 32" for stock and mod

The WOF 34" for mod 7.5 (I haven't seen these plans where can I view them)

Is the WOF 34" the newest generation of your 7.5 hull JD?

Got a set of the Dunlap 27" plans today - really straightforward plan would be easy to make but I think I'll go with JDs new WOF instead.

GT ;D

GT,

The JD WOF 34 plans are available directly from me. I think the boat works well as a stock 7.5 hull. If I were going to race 7.5 mod, I'd probably lengthen the hull a couple of inches. One of the guys in our club has a Nelson 45 on a WOF 34 and it doesn't handle the corners, especially when it gets into traffic or rough water conditions.

The WOF 7.5(32" boat) was orginally done for the old style K&B 7.5 stock motor. In my opinion, it is too short for the K&B 7.5 Pro. I've run this boat with both stock and mod 3.5 motors in races when water conditions get rough.

Jerry D.

Jerry,

If I was to add a couple inches to the new JD29/30 what would be the best way to add it.

-MikeP

Hi JD

Is there much design difference between the WOF 7.5 (32") and the WOF 34"?

Or could I get away with adding a couple of inches to the back of the sponsons?

thanks

GT

Re: Mike P.

If you're thinking of adding a couple of inches to JD WOF 30, I'd also recommend adding about 3/8" to the width of the center section.

Re: G.T.

There are some design differences between the WOF 7.5(32") and the WOF 34. However, extending the WOF 7.5 from 32" to 34" would probably work just fine. Might suggest extending the center section maybe 1/2".

Jerry D.

Back