Pipe Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tunnel290 said:
Jerry Wyss said:
Precision Boats said:
Joe,

"I have never seen a MAC outboard that impressed me!!"

Tim, Well I think your about to, They are very impressive and probably a "mite" cheaper than the Nova,, and on a good boat with a seasoned driver, they can be Very Formidable :eek:

106028[/snapback]

Lets see this year it will be a HTB 290 and a Nova Rossi combo that will take the Nats!!!!! I will be taking all wagers!!

106031[/snapback]

Since when is a lynx called an htb :blink: . :lol:

~Mitch Jr.

come to the cmb tunnel shootout in sept i think you will see a few macs there that can run with about anything!

allen

grim,

try an irwin quiet tuned pipe at about 7 5/8 to 7 3/4'' i dont think you got the full potental out of the pipe at 8".

allen

Ooooo all this trash talk... O yea....

My favorite quote from one of my all time favorite movies. RoboCop..

Guns, Guns, Guns... (Kurtwood Smith as Clarence Boddicker) from that 70s show fame..

Men.. bring your weapons and lets battle... :ph34r:

Looks like this is going to be one heck of a warm up race for the SC event in sep... :D

Grimracer

aamick1971 said:
grim,  try an irwin quiet tuned pipe at about 7 5/8 to 7 3/4'' i dont think you got the full potental out of the pipe at 8".

allen

106049[/snapback]

Allen.. i did not at that time (and still have not) have the pipes set at 8".. I can assure you we have not reached the full potential of any of the pipes in the test.. remember the pipes.. all of them were tested at 8.875" WAY long for any 21 pipe.. We have never the less added MPH since the test to our boat without a pipe change and the pipe is the last place i feel i need to go for more speed at this time.

Props Props and More Props..

The boat is set and the cards are dealt... its time to race the boat.

TK.. we did not get to take any temp reading before and after as the changes to the pipes were made before testing began.. we were not going to entertain a pipe that was not going to pass the noise requirements for the IMPBA.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Grimracer said:
Looks like this is going to be one heck of a warm up race for the SC event in sep... :D
Grimracer

106050[/snapback]

Haha.... I love it.

Tim, bring them Novas over to SC, It would be a shame for you guys not to make it.

~James

James,

We would really like to but just not possible, with the business and vacations and the week at the nats just not enough time for it. Long drive for us also.

Tim

HEY YALL ; BETTER WATCH OUT , THERE MAY BE SOME ONE BACK IN THE CORNER THAT WILL SLIPP IN THERE AND BITE YA ON THE BUTT ???? HE HAS AN IRWIN ENGINE IN HIS SHOP NOW . HIS SON BLEW HIS ENGINE AT THE FIRST RACE IN SOUTERN GA, WE GAVE HIM ONE AT THAT TIME , IN THE BOX , BRAND NEW . THE SEAL HAD NOT BEEN BROKEN ON THE BOX , HE HE . HE WON THE NEXT 4 HEATS , IT LEFT EVERYONE ASKING A LOT IF QUESTIONS . O YA , HE HAS IT ON A LYNX. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:IF YOU CAN FIND HIM ??? ASK JIMMY EDDELMAN WHAT HE THINKS OF THE MOTOR , ASK ANY ONE THAT WAS THERE AND SAW IT RUN .

Last edited by a moderator:
Precision Boats said:
James,
We would really like to but just not possible, with the business and vacations and the week at the nats just not enough time for it. Long drive for us also.

Tim

106076[/snapback]

HEY TIM , MEET ME IN KNOXVILLE , YOU AND THE BOY ( JOSH ) CAN RIDE DOWN WITH ME ,

Joe K. Quote.."every other heat had 30 mph winds and a stock K&B could have won them".

A STOCK K&B did win. :eek:

As for a race like the Nats, can't really expect to do that. Too many heats, fast boats and good drivers. That is why I like heat racing. Ya never know!

james irwin said:
HEY YALL ;  BETTER WATCH OUT ,  THERE MAY BE SOME ONE BACK IN THE CORNER THAT WILL SLIPP IN THERE AND BITE YA ON THE BUTT  ????  HE HAS AN IRWIN ENGINE IN HIS SHOP NOW  . HIS  SON  BLEW HIS ENGINE AT THE FIRST RACE IN SOUTERN GA, WE GAVE HIM ONE AT THAT TIME ,    IN THE BOX , BRAND NEW .  THE SEAL HAD NOT BEEN BROKEN ON THE BOX ,    HE HE  . HE WON THE NEXT 4 HEATS , IT LEFT EVERYONE ASKING A LOT IF QUESTIONS .  O YA , HE HAS IT ON A LYNX. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:IF YOU CAN FIND HIM    ???  ASK JIMMY EDDELMAN WHAT HE THINKS OF THE MOTOR ,  ASK ANY ONE THAT WAS THERE AND SAW IT RUN .
106081[/snapback]

This is why the smack talking champion (Mitch Jr, aka JAXRACER) is talking so boldly. It seems like he can potentially back the smack up. He has to drive like a champion first. Time will tell.

Grimracer said:
TK.. we did not get to take any temp reading before and after as the changes to the pipes were made before testing began.. we were not going to entertain a pipe that was not going to pass the noise requirements for the IMPBA.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

106053[/snapback]

Great, musta run resonably cool or you would notice a difference...

james irwin said:
Precision Boats said:
James,

Tim

106076[/snapback]

HEY TIM , MEET ME IN KNOXVILLE , YOU AND THE BOY ( JOSH ) CAN RIDE DOWN WITH ME ,

106085[/snapback]

Jim,

Thanks for the offer, I think your my only friend on here anymore. If I had the time and money I would definatly go with you. :)

Josh

Terry Keeley said:
Grimracer said:

ROCK ON

Grimracer

106053[/snapback]

Great, musta run resonably cool or you would notice a difference...

106138[/snapback]

TK..

If i had to change anything i would have put a slot maybe .5" long and not a hole in the stinger (Thanks Josh W (aka Viper40) for this tip).. that way i could make sure that half the slot is near the pipe stinger and half up in the pipe.. no chance any fuel or oil would remain in the pipe..

What do you think of drilling a small hole in the pipe on the outside of the pipe.. near the stinger? And maybe a small hole near the largest part of the pipe... Just a thought..

Grim

TK..

If i had to change anything i would have put a slot maybe .5" long and not a hole in the stinger (Thanks Josh W (aka Viper40) for this tip).. that way i could make sure that half the slot is near the pipe stinger and half up in the pipe.. no chance any fuel or oil would remain in the pipe..

What do you think of drilling a small hole in the pipe on the outside of the pipe.. near the stinger? And maybe a small hole near the largest part of the pipe... Just a thought..

Grim

106193[/snapback]

A thin slot cut with a cut-off wheel would probably work very well and would enure you have the outlet right at the end of the pipe. I've just eye-balled the ones I've done and drilled a 1/16" hole and haven't had any problems.

Putting a hole on the outside of the pipe would work too but it would probably be a little louder. Any holes near the tip that allow the high pressure waves to escape makes for higher dB's. Ron Jefferson tryed a tube with a lot of holes (like a stut bushing) and it was just about as loud as a regular pipe.

Don't think a hole in the largest part of the pipe would be any benefit.

Precision Boats said:
Joe,
Get you any Mac or CMB you want to and come on to Jackson, They tried that CMB (new Redhead) motor in Huntsville this year it would not make 6 laps. Why did the Jackson Boys sell thiers right away on IW (CMB REDHEAD) POS

I have never seen a MAC outboard that impressed me!!

Jaxracer we are talking about our Lynx and  N.R. motor. It lapped the field in Huntsville this year. And we started last.... :p

C-YA

Tim

This forum is full of non-informative nerds!!!!!!!! That tell people stuff that is not correct....  :lol:

106025[/snapback]

Im about sick of hearing all the trash talk about nova rossi and how bad the red and white boat is :D WHO WON B TUNNEL IN THE JUNE RACE IN JACKSON? B) Go on guys ask him.

See ya in two weeks and two days.

Do ya still love me Tim :eek: Tom.

HA HA HA HA HA HA :lol:

It only gets better!! Let me know when a MAC or CMB outboard sets or breaks any current IMPBA Records. Better yet let me know when one wins a national event.

Just my .02 on that matter.

But know one thinks we know what we are talking about when if comes to Outboards! So just put it on the track!! Have fun racing.

---

Just think if we raced for money?? This would get real good!! :p

Josh

106011[/snapback]

What happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back