Pipe Problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billr

Well today at the lake I was running my Hopper 260 really fast. I have a CMB/Lawless/Hopper Prop/Irwin Pipe.

It was hitting the pipe really fast and hard, which was great!

But, murphey set in and caused me some problems.

I changed the prop and tested it it...did not work well, but did get on the pipe. I changed the prop back to the original hot one, threw it in and could never really get it to hit the pipe. The only time it would hit was in a broad turn. I tried zig zagging, double checked the pipe/header length...it was all as before. The air temp did change a small amount, but I tried different fuel mixtures on the third channel, but no luck.....OK any ideas?? It is puzzling me BAD!!!!

Billy R.

MMBA

www.intlwaters.com/mmba

Did you change the glow plug at all?

Is the flex shaft starting to fray and bind in the leg?

Hey Bill,

What Tim said and, I actually have a log book of ambient air temps with needle and pipe setup,

Lets say its a cool morning and the temps about 78 degrees, thats one setting, the cloulds blow off and it warms up, and bang all my settings go kaphooey, thats runnin 70 percent, I have to switch back to 50 percent on any ambient temps over about 82-85 degrees.

Last thing is is your Irwin stock? If you have done the stinger mod,"brass pipe in the end" it creats more backpressure and I have had my pipe push itself out of the silicone coupler a tad, might try a double tie wrap to prevent this.

Gene ;D

PS, the extended sponson bottoms cut back to about a quarter inch works GREAT!!! Thanks for the tip!!!!

Well...sounds interesting... I had stingers in my pipe when I ran a red head cmb, but irwin to me to take the stinger out when I got the greenhead. What do you think? Anyone out there running a .21 CMB greenhead outboard with this setup? Let me know.

Billy R.

HOPE YOU GOT YOUR GREEN HEAD RUNNING BUT I SPENT SEVERAL DAYS AT THE LAKE ( WHICH WERE WASTED ) DO TO THE CMB GREEN HEAD BEING A PIECE OF ~`*. SOLD MINE AND NOW RUNNING A NOVA ROSSI AND HAVING A GREAT TIME. THE GOLD HEAD ROSSI IS A GOOG ENGINE ALSO. THE CMB HAS PROBLEMS WITH PTO SUCKING AIR AND THE TOP END OF THE ROD IS NOT RUNNING A BUSHING ON THE RIST PIN. SORRY MADE. I LIVE IN JACKSON AND RUN WITH MARK HOPPER OF HTB TUNNELS SO I HAD PEOPLE WHO KNOW HELPING ME.

Latest posts

Back