pipe length starting point for .21 JAE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Glass

I Have just built a JAE .21 rigger and have fitted a .21 Rossi buggy engine to it that i have had laying for a while and I just was wondering what a good starting point for the pipe length would be. I probably have a bit of a odd combination of parts but its what i had available. I'm using a CMB 180 deg header & a CMB AB .21 tuned pipe. with ou cutting any thing it is 12'' measuring for the glow plug along the center line of the pipe to the widest part of the pipe which seems pretty long what are your thoughts? Is that the correct way to measure it?

Troy

yes that is right way to measure.

start at 8in and work your way in from there,

cheers Luca

I would agree with that measurement to start.Once you get the correct length, what i have found easier than measuring around the bend in the header is just measure from the center of the cylinder straight back on the pipe side to the weld or largest portion of the pipe..or even easier , get a plastic gauge that has a hole in it that slips down over the stud on the glow plug and is marked of like a ruler...very trick...

I am still learning but i have a NR pipe and i had to cut the pipe so it slips over the header and then leave enough straight area on the header to get your zip ties on it.I was concerned that the pipe would squeeze off or out of the couple due to the abgle on the pipe but it seems to stay fine.

Hope this helps.

On my setup i am around 3.25" straight back from the center of the engine on the side of the case to the weld on my pipe and use a 1450 and 50% nitro and my boat is around 4lbs.

It runs nicely.

good luck

Back