Pipe length CMB 1.0 ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krusty 181

Hi all , hope someone can help with pipe length for a CMB 1.0 , with a mac's 13cc tuned pipe, its in a relatively light cat and im using an exhaust throttle ...

12.5 - 13 " good starting point?

Thanks

Andrew

11.5 to 12" start with maybe 265,or 665,465 prop, p.s.don't run it to lean or u will cook the chrome off the sleeve, use at least 18% oil also Happy Boating!!!!

Steve H.

Andrew,

I am not sure a MACS 13CC pipe has a large enough volume for a CMB 1.0. I have a CMB 90, highly modified, and have no success, to any reliable degree, with the 13CC pipe, which is essentially an .80 pipe. If you can get it to run consistently on the 13CC pipe it will run like the dickens. However, I must use a MACS 15CC to get a reliable needle and need the volume for what I have running.

Look at 12" for a starting length.

11.5 to 12" start with maybe 265,or 665,465 prop, p.s.don't run it to lean or u will cook the chrome off the sleeve, use at least 18% oil also Happy Boating!!!!
Steve H.

Andrew,
I am not sure a MACS 13CC pipe has a large enough volume for a CMB 1.0. I have a CMB 90, highly modified, and have no success, to any reliable degree, with the 13CC pipe, which is essentially an .80 pipe. If you can get it to run consistently on the 13CC pipe it will run like the dickens. However, I must use a MACS 15CC to get a reliable needle and need the volume for what I have running.

Look at 12" for a starting length.
Thanks Guys for the input , i will be running 20% oil so hopefully no probs there

Yes John i kinda suspect that it may be a bit small , but i will give it a go first ( i do have a 15cc pipe)because if it does work it will be very fun esp in the 45 size hull its in which is quite light , and as you suggested i will start at 12"

Thanks again

Andrew

Latest posts

Back