Pipe length and prop ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark McCray

Gentlemen,

Just about completed a new Speedmaster 40 mono with a Mac 45 engine and one of Andy's parabolic fatty pipes. What would be a good starting length for the pipe? Second, what is your recommendation for a prop for this boat? Your comments are welcomed.

Mark

Gentlemen,

Just about completed a new Speedmaster 40 mono with a Mac 45 engine and one of Andy's parabolic fatty pipes. What would be a good starting length for the pipe? Second, what is your recommendation for a prop for this boat? Your comments are welcomed.

Mark

Mark,

Joe Knesek, Is running that boat, engine, pipe combo with great success. He may chime in and tell about his set-up.

Thanks Andy, but I don't know if Joe K. will share that information with me. What do you say Joe?

Thanks Andy, but I don't know if Joe K. will share that information with me. What do you say Joe?
Mark,

You can't blame me for holding my cards close to the chest after spending 2 years to get the boat running like it does but I'll share this aspect of my setup with you.

I do not have the pipe on the boat but if you measure from the weld to the end of the header, I am running it @ 9 1/4. I am running the original parabolic which may be different than the latest ones. This setup is good if you are running the 1450/3 prop. If you are running a 450/3 then you may need to shorten the pipe up some. If you have drilled the pipe, you will need to make a set of bushings for the pipe to account for the drastic change in water & air temp we experience in in our area.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about closer to 10 inches and use a x646/3 prop

works for my MAC 45 on a Seducer 40 hull.

How about closer to 10 inches and use a x646/3 prop
works for my MAC 45
Phil, notice I said the measurement I gave is the pipe & header only. I'm sure it's near 10 inches with the pipe on the motor.

I'm sure the 646/3 is also a good prop but I've never ran one on a Speedmaster.

This is a very timely thread, I was convinced (coerced by scooter) this weekend that it's time to retire a couple old Picco .45s that came with my Twincraft. They will be replaced by one of my MAC .45s. Gives me a good starting point for setting the pipe and prop selection.

Ok I see that now I not paying close attention, sorry

You can add about an inch to your 9 1/4 with the header on the motor, so thats about the same.

I added works on the seaducer

PHIL

Gentlemen,

I thank you for all your advice. I was just trying to set up the pipe clamp in the approx. location on the boat one time. rather than make a mistake and cut the header/ pipe in the wrong spot. Errors are to costly today.

Thanks again.

Mark

Latest posts

Back