Pipe lenght question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jklinkerfues

I have CMB 67 quiet pipe, microburst hull, x450 3-blade prop and 462 blade.

I would like to know the best starting pipe length for tuning in pipe?

Thanks,

Jeff

I guess I should be more specific about my problem. I have a 40" Microburst hull with a mac 67, a CMB quiet pipe. I have been running a 450/3 and a 460/2 both work well. My problem is I blew the pipe coupler. Right now the pipe lenght is 11", and I put a new coupler on. I set it at 11" and it's on and off the pipe. I've tried moving the pipe in and out in 1/8" incramintes, but I can't seem to find the pipe.

This makes no sense to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Usally when it on and off the pipe it means that the pipe it too short..Unless the engine has devolep other problems..Go 1/2 inch longer and see if there a difference if not look at the engine bearings.might have a air leak.

you are comparing props, and boats and motors, but nothing said about weight of boat or where the weight is at, if it falls off pipe , put a smaller prop on it till it gets on pipe, then play around with pipe. and where are you guys measuring from for pipe length? the back of the head or the center of the plug? set the length from the center of the plug to the weld at 11 1/2 to start with on a cmb 67 unless its a tank (15lbs or more) then go longer. worked for me, geno

Back