Pipe for CMB RS 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because some people just don't get it?????

When we see each other again, I will tell you of my conversation with someone about wanting to copy my sport40 because it runns soooo good, but i'm want to change this, and that, and this too????

Why are you waisting my time??

Gotta love um, takes all kinds

Rick

What boats are you running the pipes that shorton and what props are you using ?

Seems like it would be all RPM at that range .

Just curious.

Thanks

Tim K

tim i run a AC sport 40 with 2004 cam motor and the parabolic pipe set @ 9.250-.500 and i use a oct 450 cut/cup.

Thanks for the info guy's , It looks like I have some work to do this spring .

Tim K

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim,

I'll be running the same engine and boat combo as you this year. I've got several pipes to try as well as props. The pipe choice may not be that big of a deal. Being able to run a 1657 prop may be the hardest task. I've run several prop/pipe/motor combo's in .45 Crapshooters and found the Blackhead with parabolic pipe and 1657 prop to be the best for all round performance. The Crapshooter loves the 1657.

With the blackhead, parabolic and 1657 prop I ran the pipe at 8.5" Not sure where to start with this combo but like you I plan to spend tons of time testing. Let me know when you're going out.

Ron

Tim,
I'll be running the same engine and boat combo as you this year. I've got several pipes to try as well as props. The pipe choice may not be that big of a deal. Being able to run a 1657 prop may be the hardest task. I've run several prop/pipe/motor combo's in .45 Crapshooters and found the Blackhead with parabolic pipe and 1657 prop to be the best for all round performance. The Crapshooter loves the 1657.

With the blackhead, parabolic and 1657 prop I ran the pipe at 8.5" Not sure where to start with this combo but like you I plan to spend tons of time testing. Let me know when you're going out.

Ron

I sure will Ron .

I found that was the prop of choice for a number of heat racing 40 hydro's .

A friend is using that prop with an OPS 45 and an OPS 67 pipe on my old rigger and it is flat out fast.

Tim K

Ron J.

I have talked to a couple of guys that run that rs motor with the andy pipe and they cannot run a 1657..in a shooter. not consistanly any way.. they had to step down to a 1457 i believe.. do a few things to it and it runs about the same shoot speed.

just a heads up

chris

Ron J.
I have talked to a couple of guys that run that rs motor with the andy pipe and they cannot run a 1657..in a shooter. not consistanly any way.. they had to step down to a 1457 i believe.. do a few things to it and it runs about the same shoot speed.

just a heads up

chris

We should have a good idea very soon of what the RS will pull the water is getting softer by the minute up here.

Can't wait to take the Crapshooter around the block a few times to see what she will do ,nothing sweeter than driving on the bouy's at full speed.

Tim

Ron J.

just a heads up

chris
I've been told the same thing Chris. I've also heard that anyone running the RS with 1457 isn't even close to the speeds of the Blackhead Picco with 1657. I can remember running the 1457's myself and no matter what was done to them they couldn't stand up to the stock 1657. My mission will be to find the right pipe and prop mods to be able to run the same speeds I'm accustomed to. We'll see soon what magic your dad can add to the equation as well. Wish me luck...

Ron

I ran my cal craft mono with 45rs and the OPS67 nitro pipe last weekend and was very pleased with the performance. My new mutt sport 40 will have this motor but I'm going to use the Mack 10cc as this is what my running partner is using and it's hauling! Greg

Ron J.

just a heads up

chris
I've been told the same thing Chris. I've also heard that anyone running the RS with 1457 isn't even close to the speeds of the Blackhead Picco with 1657. I can remember running the 1457's myself and no matter what was done to them they couldn't stand up to the stock 1657. My mission will be to find the right pipe and prop mods to be able to run the same speeds I'm accustomed to. We'll see soon what magic your dad can add to the equation as well. Wish me luck...

Ron

Ron,

Take a strong look at an ABC S-20. It runs exceptionally well on my 40 rigger with the RS engine. Far better speeds than a 1457. A 1460 or 1462 may be better than a 1457 if you do not have access to an S-20.

Re the pipe - a OPS 67 nitro pipe with a reduced stinger is a very good pipe. Set about 9.25".

John

something to consider......... stu barr told me the 45 hr can pull a little more pitch than the rs motor at the same rpm. i believe that the 1657 shouldn't be a problem for that motor( something i'm going to try) but a pitched up 1457 or a cut 1460 might be better. in a rigger

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran my cal craft mono with 45rs and the OPS67 nitro pipe last weekend and was very pleased with the performance. My new mutt sport 40 will have this motor but I'm going to use the Mack 10cc as this is what my running partner is using and it's hauling! Greg

Same here Greg, CMB 45 RS in a mutt.....just need some soft water....I've got the cooper quiet pipe as well as the Mac 10cc airplane pipe....a bunch of 1455's, 3 blades etc and away we go.....

Hey Duck you got that right! 1455/3 seems to be the way to go up here in mutt country. I' ve had the luck of seeing about 8 different mutts in the last 2 years, most with piccos but more of them are seeing the RS and they seem to be as strong as the piccos and parts are available. Greg

Latest posts

Back