Pipe and Prop Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
I am running a .12 Picco on-road car engine running on 60% nitro in .12 Bantam outrigger. I have it running pretty good but would like just a bit Moore out of it. I have a V937/3 prop that launches good and is super fast in the straights. But it really slows down in the turns. The second that I straighten the rudder it accelerates like I lit up another cylinder. Is the pipe to short or is it just to much prop????? The best heat racing prop I have so far is a Prather 215. The second best is a X637. Any Ideas as to how to get the V937/3 to run faster in the turns? Raise the prop, lengthen the pipe?????

Thanks guy's

Mark

Anyone have some suggestions?
Mark
that prop has a lot of pitch to pull through the turns with a 12 and is really meant for saw stuff..ive had great success with a cut down 1440 that sholund did for me..making the pipe longer is worth a try though..

Anyone have some suggestions?
Mark
that prop has a lot of pitch to pull through the turns with a 12 and is really meant for saw stuff..ive had great success with a cut down 1440 that sholund did for me..making the pipe longer is worth a try though..
We have a guy her in D6 running a stock V937 on a .12 firefighter with a OS .12TZ and he can pull it though the turns. He is my main compition. I may just havwe the pipe to short for it and the strut my just be a little deep for it.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
If your are going to run the 937 then the strut will have to be above the bottom of the rear sponsons. That prop is better suited for SAW. Maybe reduce the diameter.

Back