Picture of the 76' U-74 Olympia Beer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn 787

Does anybody have a picture of the 76' U-74 Olympia Beer without the wing in the back?

I've seen it built without it, heard it was raced without it but I can't find a picture without it.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn 787 said:
Does anybody have a picture of the 76' U-74 Olympia Beer without the wing in the back?  I've seen it built without it, heard it was raced without it but I can't find a picture without it.

Glenn

87176[/snapback]

I spent over a year looking for the same pics, they are very rare as it raced only one race this way. I have one running shot of it this way at speed & sorta fuzzy. :blink:

The good part. I took a picture of U-74 runing at Dayton in 1976 without the wing. The team always ran the Dayton race in this configuration. Our course was pretty small for the Unlimiteds so I guess they were looking for a weight savings. The final in '76 was one of the best races I've ever seen. Schumacher hooked up with Muncey and went at it like a Saturday night short track.

The not so good part. My camera was a 110 snap shot Kodak and the picture came out pretty fuzzy. So... with no warranty expressed or implied I will offer a copy for costs. If you're interested send me an e-mail and we can work out the details.

It is also possible that Phil Kunz has some pics. He has a web site for contact info, http://geocities.com/pkunzphoto/ . He will charge a price but does excellent work and is one of boat racing's foremost historians and authority.

Bob Heywood

Dayton, OH

Hey Bob,

I got the Olympia Beer photo today just as you describe it. I've got plenty of good closeup shots with the wing for the details so I'm set.

Thanks,

Glenn

I paint all my own stuff.

It's going to be at least 6 weeks before I get started on the Olympia Beer.....just getting all the stuff I need together. Bob H's photo got the ball rolling.

In the mean time I'm going to finish the Coors Light. The plans and graphics are in....prepping the hull for paint now

Back