pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about!

Is it just me, or is that guy sporting a mullet?

That trick is called a "Superman" for all of you laymen out there.

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Looks like an older pic of Clifford Adoptante .....the Flyin Hawaiian. Jeff I raced motocross for five years in the MEGA series before moving on the AMA/Prostar Topfuel Dragbikes. Did you race in any series races or locally. I still ride the dirt bikes ocassionally just for fun, My girlfriend just bought one and we ride the trails alot. ( sorry to get off the subject guys)

~ James

I never graduated to the pro-am ranks, I was always in the novice class. My brother and I made every race we could in 1994 and 1995. That was local, and the winter of 1995/1996 I made four races in the AMA arenacross series. The last race I made finished off my RM125 for good, when I fell short on a double and my bike was on the downside (where everyone was landing). After about the fourth bike that landed on it, I finally pulled it out of the dirt and walked it across the finish line. Cracked the frame and bent the swingarm. Bought a new YZ125 after that, but I can't afford it any more. :'(

I'll get another, one day.

And yes, Cliff Adoptante raced that Saturday night, and I raced Sunday morning. Sweeeeeeeeet!

Yep, Arena Cross is cool, I went to only one in my "career" It was somewhere in virgina. I felt like I was gonna hit my darn head on some of the ceiling beams. Really short course and not alot of room inside. but some really fast local guys. Im more of an Outdoor National Type of rider. I was actually Fourstroke National Number 24 in 1996 on a tricked out XR400 ( this was before all of the fast fourstokes came out, YZF's, CRF's) Yeehaaaaa touch me ;D

~ James

Hey guys you can't leave me out !!!! I use to run hare scrambles, and the early time trialsand enduros !!! Topfuel I was a member of the Santee Cycle Club, I started back in 1974 . We were the wild ones, we made most all of the trails in Awendaw !!! [way before the forest service took over] and most all the other trail rides from Orangeburg, Sandridge, Sumter National Forest, and two in N.C. I ran some killer ones in GA. I use to run IT 250, IT 465, TT 600, YZ250, YZ490. When I started we had big clocks and the little black box that scrolled to keep up with your time/miles. This will tell you how far back it was , The MONO SHOCK SUSPENSTION was the cadillac !!! and the first air over oil front forks were VOODOO !! Ed Sally the Yamaha dealer in O'burg use to call me to come ride his bikes !! take them off the showroom floor run them and take them back and put them back on the show room floor . he!he!!he!!! Use to tell people they fell over on the show room floor when some kid was sitting on it !!!!!!!! to cover any scratch's

would spray paint the frames !!!! I worked construction back then and my boss use to tell me he was going to fire me if I came to work all hurt up again!!! but he never did !!! he would look at me and laugh !!! WHERE DID YOU RACE THIS WEEKEND ??

BACK TO BOATS !!!!

;D

Gotta throw a quick one in here:

Started in flat track back in 74, Kawasaki Greenstreak, cut my own tires and the whole deal, first MXer Suzuki 125 gusseted swing arm, flipped shocks with foward placement, then YZ 125 monoshock, RM125 2nd generation water cooled, all local level stuff. Street stuff and drag, Kawasaki Mach III a 74, chambers, dumped forks and struts, then two 900 Z-1's, Swingarm off a GS 1100 E, Ceriani forks, struts, clipons and 34 MM smoothbores,

DATS it!!!!

Boats it is :D

Gene ;D

Butch, I didnt know you raed bikes back in the day. Cool, I used to work for Ed Salley when I was in college, and you are exactly right about him. he hasnt changed a bit, I raced a brand new 97 YZ 250 right off the showroom floor in three different races and then he ended up selling as new to some kid, said it had only been test ridden by customers!!

Gener, I love my Kawis, the Topfuel bike was based on a Kaw Z1 engine cases ( of course it was all billet one off stuff ) It was a Blown Nitro Methane injected 1573cc bullet. The blower came off of the big rigs from the older days Detroit made it. Calculated around 720 h.p. We used to run 90% nitro and the rest straight alchohol. I called it "Alchohol Abuse" The best pass we made with it was at Rockingham during a test and tune session one wed. night. It went 6.35 @ 211mph. w/.90sec. 60 footer. It was a 200mph Uni cycle b/c the front tire rarely touch the ground until after it went through the traps on the top end.

Yep, It traveled from a dead stop to 60 feet in less than one second!!!!! :eek: :eek: Can you say G-Force ?

I will post a pic of it tonight just for some eye candy, then Itll be back to boats ;D

Gene that picture you posted "SUPERMAN" I've done that on a few occasions !!!! UNINTENSIONLY !!!

KEWL!!!!!! James I would like to see a pic of that one fer sure!!! ;)

Butch, Yep!! My fav was when the bike stopped and I didnt!!!!! DOHHHH!!!!! :eek:

Gene ;D

[Couldn't come up with the designers name. Nobody could remember. I do know that he lived in Bakersfield Cal/quote]
I seem to remember the Rascal was manufactured by Glen Spickler Models.

Kez

That right Kez, thank you. You jarred my mind. Wonder what happened to ole Glen. That was a sweet kit, well engineered construction.

Back