Picco P90 Blue Head-run with fuel pump?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other question just a thought anyone try to have a machine shop install a bushing for the rod instead? Ken

Last edited:
Ken if you are running the 55"scarab you would be better to just run the engine as is. It's only a sport boat, you will be wasting money on trying to improve the 90 engine. You will be better to spend money on a gas engine for that hull.

too much trouble working out and trusting the diff metallurgy involved.

best bet would be to try individual needles like some (including myself) ran in the k-.90 in place of the same bearing.

cmb .90 needles,,or 67/80 ,its been a long time. not exact ,theres a tiny space left over but it worked.

the cage bearings,if u wind up the rrr’s, are ridiculously unpredictable,,almost as bad as an aluminum rod

Ken if you are running the 55"scarab you would be better to just run the engine as is. It's only a sport boat, you will be wasting money on trying to improve the 90 engine. You will be better to spend money on a gas engine for that hull.
Not too mention the gas motor will out perform a 90 in that boat and at a fraction of the cost.

Not too mention the gas motor will out perform a 90 in that boat and at a fraction of the cost.
Somehow I lost being able to log in and reply so had to resign up. I would think the nitro engine with the higher RPM would out run the gas engine? I have both in my airplanes and really like my reliable gas engines in the plane but really I enjoy hearing the scream of a Nitro engine. I had a 55 inch Shockwave with a 26cc Zenoah but sold it I didn't think it went that fast. I am hoping this hull with the 90 Nitro will go faster? Also word of note if I mount in a 26cc gas I could not install my cockpit cover since the gas motor is taller then my nitro engine. This hull looks to be set up for Nitro with the cockpit and instrumentation seating cover to be put into place. I guess I am not into racing it but want it to look sharp and Sport run it. Ken

" I would think the nitro engine with the higher RPM would out run the gas engine?"

short answer “youre right"

long answer is -ive seen some poorly tuned nitro engines that make some piston port (weed whacker) gas engines look like lamborgini full tuned street rockets lol

for real tho if ur going for a scale look and are going to cover the nitro engine and over heat it and/or make it suck in hot air then u can prob run just as well with an inexpensive gas engine. check gismo motors for that kinda stuff.

only gas mono that will keep up with a nitro mono knocking on 70’s door is a $1200+ purpose built gas engine. from the sound of it ur not going that route.

in any case u can have fun with whatever combo u choose,its all about preference and the freedom to choose

"for real tho if ur going for a scale look and are going to cover the nitro engine and over heat it and/or make it suck in hot air then u can prob run just as well with an inexpensive gas engine. check gismo motors for that kinda stuff."

Ohh Boy....Ok then I did not think of that as a issue. I ran a ProBoat with the .32 Nitro that had a cover on it with out issues. But I believe it had a couple good size intakes for cold air to the carb. So this only does on the rear of the boat cover. Probably need to figure a way to get cold air forward to the engine. I had not thought of that. But as for the engine its simple. It's new and has never been ran and I don't have a lot to lose. I'm going to run it and I am going to bet it is going to produce more power and speed then the 55 in Shockwave with a 26cc I already had owned. And last at this point I don't have a lot to lose. If it tosses a rod or blows well then I may consider throwing a 26cc in or spend for another 90 or 91 sized nitro. My intentions are to have fun ripping it around the lake and most likely where I am at probably be the only one.

And last about the Lamborghini comment which got me a good laugh... This is a old boat -never finished hull but for my era is the Cool Factor of boats for its time a Wellington Scarab that was portrayed off the TV Show Miami Vice that I always enjoyed back in those days watching that cool boat run around. And that is why I got it. Thanks for the advise Guys. Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Back